cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Custom Built-to-Order Website?

Keflin
Level 7
Greetings Programs!

I am in the market for a new laptop and I would like to know if there is a website where I can go to build a custom configuration G75VX, and then order it. If anyone has a URL, please let me know - thanks.
26 REPLIES 26

Chino
Level 15
The first website that comes to mind is XOTIC PC. Unfortunately they don't have the G75VX in stock yet. Maybe you can keep checking back to see when they have it.

bignazpwns
Level 11
How custom do you want to go. XOTIC PC is a good one but if you want anything more custom really only a guy who builds them out of his house will be the way to go and you will lose your warranty. But people like that usually take off all the asus bloat ware and give you fresh system installs set up your system pretty much perfect because they work on a case by case set up. I bought one off a guy who did this and I must say it was pretty nice he went thought the whole thing after he replaced the stuff with what I wanted and installed a internal usb hub, induction charger for the palmrest for my phone and a ton of other stuff. Basically I just picked it up so I could check him out and see the work he does and help support a guy who was going up against the big companies so I could post on some forums about his work and it was nice. I will warn you that for every guy who does a quality job there at 20 kids who will do more harm then good and 10 who will take your money and run.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. However, I will likely end up waiting until either XOTIC PC or PowerNotebooks.com or some other vendor carries the G75VX, and then order from them. I'm patient, and I can wait. By autumn though, I will need to buy one as close to my specifications as possible so that it can support my rigorous programming and game engine/simulation designing. Afterward, I can upgrade/customize it. I also need to be mobile, thus the choice to go with a powerful notebook.

Essentially I'm looking at the following for my G75VX:
- i7-3940XM Extreme Edition (3.0GHz - 3.9GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache)
- 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- 17.3" 1920x1080p display
- 512GB SSD SATA-III Boot/OS Drive
- 1TB (I can settle for 750GB) 7200rpm SATA-II (with SSD caching)
- 6X Blu-Ray Writer/Reader + 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
- Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 (3x3) (Dual Band)
- Windows 7 Professional - 64-Bit (there is no way I'm using Windows 8!)
- 12-cell battery

Keflin wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. However, I will likely end up waiting until either XOTIC PC or PowerNotebooks.com or some other vendor carries the G75VX, and then order from them. I'm patient, and I can wait. By autumn though, I will need to buy one as close to my specifications as possible so that it can support my rigorous programming and game engine/simulation designing. Afterward, I can upgrade/customize it. I also need to be mobile, thus the choice to go with a powerful notebook.

Essentially I'm looking at the following for my G75VX:
- i7-3940XM Extreme Edition (3.0GHz - 3.9GHz, 8MB Intel Smart Cache)
- 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- 17.3" 1920x1080p display
- 512GB SSD SATA-III Boot/OS Drive
- 1TB (I can settle for 750GB) 7200rpm SATA-II (with SSD caching)
- 6X Blu-Ray Writer/Reader + 8X DVDRW/CDRW Super Multi Combo Drive
- Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 (3x3) (Dual Band)
- Windows 7 Professional - 64-Bit (there is no way I'm using Windows 8!)
- 12-cell battery

You will have issues with a VX using a GTX 670MX and a Extreme edition CPU. My VW can run my 3940XM just fine but it looks like the jump from the 42w gpu to the 75w tacked the system to the point it can run it. Soon as I hit a full load or close to it the system reboots.

But with those specs you are better off with a Sager using a 3820qm and 2 GTZ 680M's that will smoke that system for the same price. And 32gigs of ram is nice if your using a ram disk however unless you do card work or photoshop you will never need more then 8gigs of ram gaming. For the price of the extra ram and what you would spent on that ex i7 you can add a second GTX 680 and go to a 3820qm that will be a way way way bigger upgrade in performance.

But for what your looking for go with a Sager. For the same price you would spend you can get a system way faster as Asus is entry gaming and performance systems and Sager is the highend performance systems. After you use one with 2 GTX 680's you will wonder why you ever even looked a a Asus. Also the NP9570 uses LGA 2011 what kills the mobile CPU's. You want power how about a desktop i7 3930K 6core and that's just $300 on the upgrade and will kill any mobile i7. I used a NP9570 and the thing was a monster and I can tell you on a bad day that thing killed the Asus and made it look like a netbook it was impressive and with the specs you listed and the price it will be that NP9570 is in your price range and will better suit you. And to be honest with you it will be the next Sager I pick up here when my tax's get back. It was that impressive.

Thanks Big, I'll look into the Sager. I do need it to be mobile so I'll compare spec's, price, etc.

noun206
Level 7
I am planning to buy G75vx model, it has (below) my question is: can I replace the slow hard drive? And if so is it beginner friendly to do so? Was thinking of replacing it with the faster 7200 rpm ones. Any help would be much appreciated.

Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NV GTX670MX with 3GB GDDR5
Windows 8

noun206 wrote:
I am planning to buy G75vx model, it has (below) my question is: can I replace the slow hard drive? And if so is it beginner friendly to do so? Was thinking of replacing it with the faster 7200 rpm ones. Any help would be much appreciated.

Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3
1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
17.3-Inch Screen, NV GTX670MX with 3GB GDDR5
Windows 8

Yeah you can. Its one screw in the bottom and the panel just pops off and there are guides on doing this. You will need to download the windows 8 home prem 64bit iso. Your serial for that is built into the system so you wont need to install it. There is also some Disk cloning software but when you get it just get some dvds post in the forum and I will tell you how to make a set of recovery disk so you just slap the hdd in and use those to install everything to your new drive.

HDD option for you.

Another 1tb 7200rpm Samsung sping point and then raid them. The drive will be a 2tb drive and pretty fast, faster then a single 7,200 rpm drive.

A 750gig Seagate mon. XT. Very nice drives about $140 7,200rpm with a 8gig ssd to cache for you.

About $200 you can get a 120gig Intel 520. Very nice. Its a intel so that sums it up. Its a sandforce so you get the speed but the firmware is better then the other sandforce drives so its stable.

Thanks, I'm planning to head down tomorrow and buy this one then. If anyone is interested I did alot of research and this is a really good deal for a gaming laptop that will lasts for years (pretty sure). Your knowledge was very helpful, I will sure do that, I'll post my new laptop real soon 🙂 and the upgrades I plan to buy to share for others.

Model: G75VX-BHI7N1(Best Buy) 1SKU: 7674057:

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM processor
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
8GB DDR3 memory
Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
1TB hard drive (5400 rpm)
NVIDIA GTX 670MX graphics
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit

rewben
Level 13
g75vx, customizable - found this in hidevolution.com