Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

**SOLVED!** Wi-fi Problem on G75VX Windows 7 (plus fn+f9 problem, solved too)

Hi everybody! just wanted to share the news with everybody, because I know that a lot of people had the same problem as I did...
    After downgrading from Win8 to Win7 in my G75VX, it was impossible to find the right network adapter driver... that meant, no wi-fi! :/ but NOT ANYMORE!

Credits go to @rledge21 for sending me this link, which after months of LAN limitation, got my wireless working:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/PCEAC...rt_Download_30

I sincerely hope this driver solves all of your problems, people...

Also, people were having trouble with the fn+f9 command (as I was).

Credits go to @cjonash for the solution: "I managed to get the fn+F9 to work by installing the touchpad driver from the supplied CD (it is the Win 8 version, but it also works for Win 7). I just run the install exe-file."

My fn+f9 didn't work either. Installed this driver, rebooted... et voilá! It works now. No more random clicks while writing...

as an asian woman driver would say: "good luck, everyone else!!" (*proceeds to turn 5 lanes in a row with no warning and without looking*)
    Asus G75VX-T4022P
    Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
    Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
    Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
    Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
    Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

ROG Guru: White Belt Array JwPwns's Avatar

lol sounds like you didn't search hard enough for the drivers the first time
    Asus G46 vw
    3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i7-3820QM processor
    16GB-DDR Corsair Vengence 1600
    128GB Samsung 830 Msata SSD + 750 GB HDD
    GTX 660m + Windows 7 ultimate db Windows 8 pro

New ROGer Array

so, did you try on your laptop, is it work nornal?because asus have not provide win 7 driver.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lu@ASUS View Post
    so, did you try on your laptop, is it work nornal?because asus have not provide win 7 driver.
    Yes. I tried this driver on my laptop and it worked.

This is part of the message that rledge21 sent me:

(...) Anyway, I got my wireless working and wanted to share my solution with you since I can't post on the forums currently. btw my device id is 43b1 - i couldnt view the image you posted with your device id, but perhaps it is similar. after a few hours of googling, i found out there is a WIFI card asus makes that uses the same broadcom chipset with the id 43b1, and that it has Win7 drivers. I downloaded them at the below link, and everything worked! best of luck!

I didn't quite understand it, but the matter of fact is that the driver from that link worked.

Here is a picture. Tested the connection through wireless, it works.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	604.0 KB 
ID:	17779
    Asus G75VX-T4022P
    Processor: Intel i7 3630QM
    Memory: 32GB (4*8GB 1600Mhz)
    Storage: 256GB SSD + 750GB 7200rpm
    Screen: Matte 17.3" LED FHD / NG
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX670MX, GDDR5 3Gb
    Wireless: 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0

New ROGer Array

[QUOTE=BuLaXa;232228]Hi everybody! just wanted to share the news with everybody, because I know that a lot of people had the same problem as I did...
    After downgrading from Win8 to Win7 in my G75VX, it was impossible to find the right network adapter driver... that meant, no wi-fi! :/ but NOT ANYMORE!

Credits go to @rledge21 for sending me this link, which after months of LAN limitation, got my wireless working:

I sincerely hope this driver solves all of your problems, people...

Er.. new here... anyways, would that work on a VX model with b/g/n modem? i haven't had the chance to get the ASUS G75VX but already planning to. However, i feel like holding back due to the different WLAN that you and I would have. Please reply ._.'

New ROGer Array

Sorry, new comer here...
    So, my question is, does the wifi driver work for the b/g/n card? the one provided in the link? I plan on getting the laptop very soon and a bit skeptical of getting it since it has the wifi issue

ROG Guru: White Belt Array UnAimed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theangry View Post
    Sorry, new comer here...
    So, my question is, does the wifi driver work for the b/g/n card? the one provided in the link? I plan on getting the laptop very soon and a bit skeptical of getting it since it has the wifi issue
    It does Not have a wifi issue. The laptop came installed with windows 8 and there are only drivers for windows 8, he installed windows 7 thus because windows 8 is newer the drivers did not work properly on windows 7.

New ROGer Array

Can anyone advise how to install that wireless driver? There's no .exe and I can't do it through the device manager since the card doesn't show up there. Thanks for any help.

ROG Member Array

PM: After you extract the drivers to a directory you can point to, look under your unknown devices, the card should be visible there.

Also, I had to reinstall the touchpad drivers twice to get the FN + F9 issue sorted, thanks for getting me going, forum!

New ROGer Array

Reduced Speed with substitute driver

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like that (substitute) driver works, but has speed issues. I used to have download speeds around 25MB, and now it won't get over 10MB download speed. I've checked other computers on my network, and it's not a bandwidth problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it the driver? Is it the card? Is it a setting that I'm missing? I've shut off all of the power issues, and have the computer running in High Performance energy mode. Thanks for any insight!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast