cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about CG8480

Aibee
Level 7
The CG8480 is the only ROG desktop that I can get from local right now and I'm looking forward to purchase one, but before I go alone and buy it, I got some questions that I need some pros to help me out here 😛

I can't find the exact motherboard of the CG8480 so I'm not sure if i will be able do a SLI setup, Raid0 and changing the Power supply in the future. Please help me out here 🙂

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
It doesn't specify what motherboard they used with the CG8480 anywhere on the net. Not even a peak under the hood to ID the motherboard. LOL

Is it on display at the local? See if you can get them to let you do a test run. If so, open AI Suite II and look in the System Information tab. That should tell us what's under the hood. 🙂

Chino wrote:
It doesn't specify what motherboard they used with the CG8480 anywhere on the net. Not even a peak under the hood to ID the motherboard. LOL

Is it on display at the local? See if you can get them to let you do a test run. If so, open AI Suite II and look in the System Information tab. That should tell us what's under the hood. 🙂

Theres no display yet >.< !!! Unable to ID the motherboard !!! 😞
Only thing I found is the chipset is IntelZ77

X-ROG
Level 15
The product page states: http://rog.asus.com/desktops/z77/rog-cg8480/

2 x PCI-e 3.0/2.0 x 16 (x16 or dual x8) - so SLI is possible.

Intel® Z77 - So RAID is possible

Power supply should be possible.