cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nvidia gtx660 ti bios help

icemaoh
Level 7
Hi, i have a nvidia gtx660 ti its not a asus version its straight up nvidia im curious if i can flash the bios to asus's rog card and if it will cause any issues or performance increases if im able too.
i did btw flash it with the bios from the following link http://rog.asus.com/158612012/graphics-cards-2/asus-geforce-gtx-660-ti-bios-drop-inbound-for-perform...
used the oc link
seemed to do fine but havent noiced any different settings in gpu tweak

Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
BIOS Version 80.04.4B.00.5B
GPU Code Name GK104
PCI Device 10DE-1183 / 1043-841F (Rev A2)

im new to bios flashing / overclocking in general
in the processes of buying a 2nd one of these cards so i can go sli
excuse my noobness but have to learn some how

current setup
i5-2500k
maximus v gene mb
CORSAIR AX1200i 1200W ps
16 gb corsair vengenance 1600 ddr3
nvidia gtx 660 ti
5 REPLIES 5

Zka17
Level 16
Well, you could flash your card's BIOS to one of those for the Asus cards... however, be aware that the Aus cards usually have much better cooling than the the reference design cards! If the cooling can not keep up with your OC, then you won't see too much difference...

icemaoh
Level 7
ive added additional cooling to the card so not worries there .. its not going to brick the card or anythign if i flash to it ?

Zka17
Level 16
Flashing the BIOS on the mobo and graphics cards always has it's risk to brick them...

In this case the risk may be even higher as the Asus cards may have some other improvements beside the cooling too... I'm thinking here about the improved VRMs over the reference card's VRM...

So, here is more valid to do it on your own risk!

icemaoh
Level 7
so far ive flashed and things have gone well flashed with the top or whatever bios

Zka17
Level 16
OK... any improvements compared to the stock BIOS?