cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P8Z77-V LX First Build

casioravine21
Level 7
This is my first build. Feel Free to post comments below. It is my first, so cable management was NOT my priority. There are
messy cables, but I do get pretty good air. If you want specs, request them below, as I am very tired at the time of posting this. I will be upgrading my graphics to a GTX650 and Vengeance 8GB RAM. So yeah, here goes nothing.

7 REPLIES 7

Zka17
Level 16
Good start! 🙂

You're right about the cable management though...

Not sure what exactly do you mean by "pretty god air"... you don't really have fans installed... at least, I could not spot them... At very least, you should put a fan on the rear of the case... - specially if you're adding a more serious graphics card...

The Intel stock fan is so-so... - curious about how are your temps...

Could not figure out the brand and model of your case - what is that?

Zka17 wrote:
Good start! 🙂

You're right about the cable management though...

Not sure what exactly do you mean by "pretty god air"... you don't really have fans installed... at least, I could not spot them... At very least, you should put a fan on the rear of the case... - specially if you're adding a more serious graphics card...

The Intel stock fan is so-so... - curious about how are your temps...

Could not figure out the brand and model of your case - what is that?
I still get pretty good airflow in my case. For my birthday, with some extra money, I will be buying a case fan. I will also be upgrading to a Corsair H80 or H100. I also may be getting 32GB of Vengeance
RAM. My temps are 36C to 40C. 40C is gaming, and 36C is while I am running a lot. And by the way, you live close to me! 🙂

WeRNothiNg
Level 10
I would definitely get my hands on a couple 120mm case fans ASAP. Also the intel fan is fine, the heatsink is not. Since the LGA 775 days they have been getting smaller and smaller. Using my stock heatsink my cpu would idle at 45-60c, and that is in a controlled 70 F environment with 4 120mm case fans running in the 1000rpm range. In game it would hit 80c from time to time. I got a master cooler v8 cpu cooler($50 with shipping) and now I idle around 20-25c and rarely hits 60c in game. The in game temp purely depends on how demanding the game is.
**i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]

casioravine21
Level 7
UPDATE: Installed a Rocketfish 120mm Fan in the back slot. Also, I am building another system in about a year or two with tons of management
and organization.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you are not planning any serious overclocking then your Intel stock cooler is just fine. I run two systems at home with the Intel coolers and they perform flawlessly, are quite when running at stock and do the job.

Cable management is a challenge with certain cases. The best investment I made was for a bag of 100 thin white cable ties. Colour is not important. 😄 That allowed me to 'manage' my case a whole lot better.

Fans are important and in some case less is more. What I mean by that is if you have two strategically placed fans they can do more work than 6 or even 8 fans. You see it is about airflow patterns not the total amount of airflow or total amount of fans that you have in your case.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

casioravine21
Level 7
Thought things over, and I may just not build another system. My PSU is failing, so my upgrade plans are:
PSU
GPU(go to 680)
MB

HiVizMan
Level 40
PSU is a such a important foundation for any build spend some time researching and looking at quality reviews.

This is the only bloke I will trust who reviews PSU's on the web.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13/M12-700/
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.