Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

I'm amazed at your attention to all the detail that you are putting in your wood case. Your present system actually looks pretty clean, IMO. I'm also going with a Sabertooth only with an AMD based build.

BTW, I'm intending on using some Nano based coolant, in my build that you might want to check into called "Ice-Dragon", that according to their testing is mucho better than any on the market. I intend to couple it with IndigoXtreme TIM, and between the two hopefully get some extra cooling. Are you planning on OC'ing any? I can give you those links if you want.

Lol! The main question that I get from the forum that I frequent, concerning my wood build is, "Isn't that wood case going to be really hot?" They don't seem to realize that wood isn't any hotter than metal or plastic, (it's actually cooler) especially if it has good circulation. I always have to laugh at this. Your case looks like it's not going to have that problem either.

I've bookmarked this thread and will keep an interested eye on it for sure. BTW, I do wood carving and plan on carving some major images into my case. If you have something that you want me to do for your case, to add to the overall look, just ask.

ROG Member Array

That's a pretty clean looking rig in your present build, IMO. I'm also amazed at all the detail that you're putting into this case. Lol! As you can see from my no. of posts I don't/haven't posted much more than you have on here. Like you, I am going with a Sabertooth, only I'm going to use an AMD based platform.

On the forum that I frequent the most, I often get the question, "Isn't a wood case going to be a lot hotter than a standard case?" Lol! What they don't realize is that a wood case isn't any hotter than plastic or metal, (actually it's cooler) especially if it's properly vented, and I can see that you have planned this all out with much attention to detail. How long did you take in just the planning stage?

I am going to be using a special "Nano Coolant" called "Ice-Dragon", that is rated on their site as being better at cooling than anything on the market. I am coupling it with IndigoXtreme TIM. Between these two products alone I hope to get several degrees better cooling than with stock products. I can give you those links if you'd like? It might help, especially if you intend to do any OC'ing.

BTW, I'm into wood carving and intend to do a lot of carved scenes from games etc. into my case. I'm sure that you have some "bits & pieces" left over (lol) that would do, so, Let me know if you'd like something special carved into yours?

ROG Member Array

well after seeing the announcement of the new ASUS ROG Maximus VI Formula I think I might be into the idea of changing motherboards it just looks soooooooo nice and I can give it a nice wooden look too but I think I need to find out the cost factor first and if ill have to upgrade my cpu that will be a killer as I cant afford both the mobo and a new cpu just for a bit of show. But hopefully someone out there from ASUS might see my plight and come to my rescue
    Last edited by steamboatbob; 06-18-2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling was just bad :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2