cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g75vw change 3d button to overclock button

xperiaplayerpro
Level 8
hi all is it possible to change what the rog 3d button does. i would like to change it to an overclock button
10 REPLIES 10

mrwolf
Level 10
Hmm, thats a cool idea. Would like to know if its possible too 🙂

any ideas on how to do this..?

It is but will require some customs made software and a modded driver. Nothing super complex.

nice, so how would i go about contacting someone to do that then, or maybe pinch some code from the g74 wich does have the button to overclock but that was for the cpu i think. what i would like is to map it to the key command that i have set for profile 1,2 and 3 using afterburner, ie if i press rog3d it would be like pressing ctrl+1 . i would have thort that would only thak a few hrs of coding

bignazpwns
Level 11
You could use the G74 as kinda a template then set it up for the G75. Anyone who can code can do this. If i get some free times i'll see what i can do.

xperiaplayerpro
Level 8
@bignazpwns that would be great im trying to think of a script of code that would be similer to what i want. I think the eaisest way would be to capture the command that ptessing the rog 3d button produces then alter it to either ctrl+1 or (this would be where the coding came in) to produse a program that lets you set key comands for it. What do u think?

bignazpwns
Level 11
I don't know when i'll get the free time to. I do progression raiding in wow and a big patch is about to drop so that will take all my free time.

Ideal i was thinking was pretty much just a shortcut to launch a script for like nvidia inspector that will oc the cpu. Maybe change the powersetting to performance. Still thinking of ways to do it before i dig into what needs to be done to remap that key.

cool sounds like a good idea but i dont want any cpu oc just gpu oc as i have found that by giving the cpu an oc it gives you beter benchies but slows the gaming down by 2-4 fps not sure why!!! ive tested on about 6 games with same results!

Pitcher1
Level 9
i think it is unable to do, but if have 3th party utility can be doing, please sharing it.

Yeah it will be cool. One press to run my NvidiaInspector overclock script, that would be wicked! With custom animation, sound, etc. 😛