cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CG8580 side panel

c0cteau
Level 7
really embarrassing having to resort to this, but i'm having no luck getting the side panel off so I can tinker inside. basically I want to add two hard drives but after a morning of pulling, pushing, yanking and every other combination I can think of... no luck! and squeezing that release-like tab in the back (while trying the abovementioned pushing, pulling etc) does nothing.
can anyone talk me through what is probably a very simple procedure?
thanx.
3 REPLIES 3

hianyiaw
Level 7
Did u try removing the 2 screws? 1 on the top and 1 on the bottom after that press the tab and pull it to slide backwards

i did indeed remove the 2 screws. what misled me were the few videos i found of people cracking the case open... they tended to conveniently edit the screw part out so it looked like you should just be able to yank the panel off with no effort. and even asus support failed to mention the screws when i called them!
but thanx for the help and for resisting the temptation to just call me a moron (which i guess i sorta am)! 😃

Hi,
Can you post pics of where the screws are? Mine is in for repair at the moment, so can't look. Mine actually arrived with no screws and I could open the side panel 'out of the box' ????