cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G53jw PCH temp and screen resolution questions

Retired
Not applicable
just acquired a G53jw (AU) just a couple of questions:

PCH temperature idle at 65-70C and load goes to 75C+ while all other temps are 40-50C idle and around 60-65C load.
How come PCH temp is so high?

My screen resolution is set to 1920x1080 - but when trying to set coordinates for AutoHotkey launchers/toolbars the coordinates are 1360x768 - strange. So I have to set the coordinates as a 1360x768 resolution to see the launchers/toolbars set at the edge of the screen, otherwise they are not visible! (mouse hover on button for launch)
latest drivers installed

thanks in advance:cool:
3 REPLIES 3

Retired
Not applicable
My G73jw PCH temperature also is around 65-70C at idle. I'm not sure if that's normal though. I'm using the notebook since few months and everything works perfect so it does not affect usage.

reiyu
Level 7
you guys should get your fans checked. my friend who has a g73jw once reached those temperatures, called up asus, got his fans replaced, now he idles at 40-45ºC. just tell them to replace both cpu and gpu so the internal temperature will drop down really well.

i myself did the same thing for my g53jw, but my idle is still on 45-55ºC.

Retired
Not applicable
reiyu: thanks for your reply.

I was just asking about the PCH temp, all other temps are quite good (CPU & GPU)
The airflow from the fans at the back vents is quite powerful, so I don't think replacing the fans will lower the PCH temp.
seems a lot of owners are reporting similar PCH temp.