cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX Wireless Problem

Kabe00
Level 7
Hi guys,

I don't know yet if this is a hardware problem with the laptop or a problem with the router as it only happens with my ASUS laptop. When I try to play games my game will randomly spike (loose packets) Sometimes even dropping connection from the server. It happens at complete random. If I am in a Skype call it will also randomly drop out at any moment. If I choose a wireless bandwidth automatically it tends to make the internet more stable for a period of time but after the connection starts to drop out again. I tried updating the drivers to the latest on the Asus website but that did not seem to help the situation.

any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
17 REPLIES 17

PhatJhn
Level 7
Check to see if there is any firmware or software updates available for you wireless router. Also if you have cable or satellite internet check the same for the equipment. You might just have a conflict or a compatibility problem.

Just a suggestion. Good Luck

I can't update the firmware on the router as Bell updates it automatically, I have not had these problems on any of my other wireless computers in the house. The connection seems to get more stable when I set it to channel 5 but eventually it cuts out again (after 15 minutes) and does not stop after that.

Pitcher1
Level 9
make sample environment to test or change other rute to test, if you do all sw or trubleshoot, please send back to asus service center to check.

I am getting the exact same problem here. Is it possible to have an official answer / solution from the Asus support team ?

There is nothing to do with router or modem but only with the wireless card. I tried different router and 4 different laptop and the ROG G75VX is the only one having issues. Very fustrating when connection drops in a middle of a fight when I am gaming.

Sending back the unit is probably not the right solution. If we are many with this issues, that mean it's not a isolate problem and can probably only be resolve with a driver update or a new wireless card ( different model )

Matrix_Leader
Level 10
Make sure you have latest updated WiFi driver.

For me updating the Atheros WLAN driver to v10.0.0.225 fixed the problem

I don't know which wireless adapter your laptop has. let me know and I can help you get an updated driver
ASUS G75VW-T1086V
CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30 GHz.
Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
Storage: 256 GB LiteOn LAT-256M3S SSD + 1 TB Seagate Momentus 5400 RPM HDD
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3 GB GDDR5 RAM
Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

nss
Level 7
Don't use the wireless but ONLY the cable.

Then go to the battery menu down on the right and put it high performance ( Gear4performance) I think.

SpeedyPC
Level 7
I had the same problem with my wireless router and I do have cable connected to the wireless router, and no connection attached to the G75VX laptop the W8 has a software that allow me to connect and to communicate with my wireless router I had to update the Atheros WLAN driver to v10.0.0.225 fixed the problem also make sure you're firewall is set correctly.
ASUS G75VX-T4153H

ashue
Level 7
@Kabe00,

just make sure your drivers are up to date and double check your wireless adapter under device manager and go to power management tab and make sure that the first option is unchecked. this might be the cause of your issue.
ASUS G75VX-T4072H The Ultimate Fighting Machine 😉
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
Windows 8
16GB DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM (Hynix+Kingston)
17.3" HD+ EWV (1600 x 900)/Full HD (1920x1080)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
Hitachi 750GB HDD
Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB HDD
Super-Multi DVD

Noob Gamer but Loves to Play Games. 😄

_ROGtiki
Level 7
+1

i keep getting random "!" sign when I'm playing. is it something to do with the fact that the G75's network is a 802.11b and that wireless connections run with a 802.11n? i can't find any drivers cause mine is a windows 7 (and no i dont plan on upgrading to 8). Any suggestions?