Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    New ROGer Array

I have had the same problem with safe mode. I just connect one monitor to motherboard and one monitor to Graphics card. Up dated driver for motherboard and now my card is out of safe mode. Thanks for your help

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array czeslaw's Avatar

I've changed the mobo to Maximus VII Hero and safe mode issues disappeared !
    Card is working flawlessly with the new gear, so probably it's the old M5F to be blamed.

After 3 months of using my new config I realized the LED Indicator is missing some colors.

Before it was behaving like they show in the picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rog_matrix_gtx580_gpu_load_indicator_colors.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	42143

Now its starting in green (without flashing like safe mode) GPU Tweak is showing 500Mhz. The color changes only to red when gpu clock goes to 1100Mhz. It's not in safe mode and games are running very good.

Whats going on with this cr*ppy indicator ?!
    M7H / Matrix 7970 P (flashed to R9 280x Matrix P) + 2 x DELL U2713HM / i7 4790k + h100i push&pull / 3 x Kingston 3k SSD 120GB / 1 x Corsair ForceGT 120GB / TridentX 2400 2x8gb / Corsair Graphite 600t case + AX1200i + NZXT IU01 + Bitfenix USB3.0 internal adapter

New ROGer Array

Hi guys. So I had the same problem but I fixed it . Turning my pc of. f caused the card to go into safe mode.
    Turns out my keyboard had voltages issues, so the card protected itself against this. I started plugging in and out all external hardware, untill it went safe mode at startup when I plugged in the keyboard. So thats what you could do.

Only dumb advice came from asus NL. Reinstall your drivers they said. Yeah cause divers initiate before I boot up. ....

Oh and black screen when first plugged in gtx 980 = update mobo bios

good luck.
    Chris

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11