Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

I had this problem but I did find a solution after a while. One of my Matrix card was shutting down and went into sleepmode when Windows was in restmode. What I did was to go to Controlpanel/System/Energy and create a new schema. Choose high energy and then newer close window. Save and you are done

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array czeslaw's Avatar

OK, so what you did was configuring windows never to go into sleep mode. Sounds more like bypassing the issue than resolving it

You wrote that the issue concernes only one of your cards? So one of your MATRIX 7970 cards was going to safe mode after sleep and rest of them was recovering properly (blue led light)? I think it's a good hint as it means it's either the card or one of the mbo pcie ports...

New ROGer Array

Yes, you are right. This is just a software solution avoiding "purple haze". But then again, while listen to Jimi, It works until we find out another solution

Can you write something more about your pc? MBO, GPUs etc... ? And again, you have more MATRIX 7970 cards and issue only concernes one of them ?

edit: I've updated mvf bios to 1707, issue still exists
    Last edited by czeslaw; 04-03-2013 at 06:04 PM.

OK, I had a chance to try my gpu in completely different PC.

800W psu,
    Gigabyte Z77-ds3h mbo
    and i5

... and it's working normally.
    When I power it on, for the first time after turning on the psu, it's starting with blue led light. In my pc it's green after first boot...

It means my matrix is OK! But still I have no idea what's causing the issue ... maybe I should create another thread under Maximus' forum...
    Maybe Maximus V Formula MBO is so powerthirst, 850W is not enough even with one MATRIX GPU !
    Last edited by czeslaw; 04-04-2013 at 05:52 PM.

New ROGer Array

czeslaw....in my case I know it's one of my Matrix card that is faulty. It is working perfectly fine until I leave the computer and windows fall into sleep. Then no matter what I do, it will never wake up. It is then turning purple (hehe...purple haze as I said before) and can't be waken. It is just this one specific card. The other card just works perfectly. It doesn't matter what mobo or pci-e slot I put it in, it's just the same with this card. There is probably somehing wrong with it but I don't know what. My workaround works but it's the only solution I can come up with for now

OK so it's a bit different case than mine ... My card is recovering from sleep mode but with green led color. Also it sometimes turnes green after reboot and always when cold booting (after psu was turned off and on).

I tried testing it (once again) outside my case and with other 800W PSU. I thought that it can be a shortage of some kind. I was also inspired by some thread about MVF having issues with it's WiFi+BT combo creating shotages with case when using "L" shaped mounting. I was testing to see if I can start my PC (without anything connected but CPU, memory and GPU) with green MATRIX indicator led light. I discovered that sometimes after resetting bios (battery removal) MATRIX started with blue light and sometimes in safe mode

edit: I'm not sure but it looks more like issue with my motherboard
    Last edited by czeslaw; 04-08-2013 at 11:40 PM.

OK there's a new symptom. MATRIX makes this "buzzing" sound, when game starts, stops just in the second when I exit the game!!

It's not from the fans!
    Last edited by czeslaw; 04-12-2013 at 04:14 PM.

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Hm... I can hear some "buzzing" from my Matrix Plats too... it's rather a high pitch whining than buzzing, though... - it's happening when I push the VRAM over 1900MHz... but at stock settings it is not happening...

For some reason, the sound i get is stronger in 3DMark03...

Till now my matrix wasn't making sounds like that and I've changed nothing. It's on default settings. Entering game starts the buzz, exiting stops it.
    It's quite loud, louder than my fans, so it's something like 10-20dBA. Not acceptable
    I'm reading about it right now, googled "7970 buzzing". Lot's of people are having such issues with gpu's but as I remember matrix was supposed to have best capacitos - BUZZ FREE
    Last edited by czeslaw; 04-12-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast