cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between ATI and nVIDIA graphic cards???? HELP!!!

Retired
Not applicable
Ok. So I'm currently gathering up knowledge for my pc build (cheeper). So what I want to know is that if I get a RADEON HD6990 for the "graphics" side of things and a nVIDIA GTX560 for the "physx" an "cuda" technologies.... WILL IT WORK??

I'm hopping that it will because ive currently decided to wait for the new AMD FX 8 core CPU (Bulldozer) an apparrently there is technologies on that to help the HD6990...

So basically all that ramble come down to will they both work in the same system so I can have the technologies of both??
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
yes and no, last time i checked Nvidia disabled it when there is an AMD card in there.

there are hacked drivers and other ways to make this work but, from what I seen it causes more issues than its worth.

Retired
Not applicable
Six Foot Ginger wrote:
yes and no, last time i checked Nvidia disabled it when there is an AMD card in there.

there are hacked drivers and other ways to make this work but, from what I seen it causes more issues than its worth.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Have you got any suggestions for me on my build?

Retired
Not applicable
why not just a 590 and call it a day

Retired
Not applicable
Ok sounds good will it work well with amd's 8 core coming or would it be better to go for an intel i7 2600k an a x58 motherboard?