cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomb Raider 2013!

HulkSmash
Level 8
Wow, awesome game! Fantastic sandbox! Pretty awesome graphics too...runs great on my GTX660m (@1200/2870), everything maxed out, except for hair detail, lol...Believe it or not, hair on max graphs yanks about about half of your FPS, looks awesome though, as every string of hair is actually there, pity I can't use it, but still looks awesome. Very smooth gameplay at 30-45 FPS.
11 REPLIES 11

UnAimed
Level 9
I placed an order on Amazon not too long ago so it should be here this week! The game play is very reminiscent of the uncharted series and the story line somewhat similar to far cry 3 from what I have seen in game play videos so far. both of those games are awesome so looking very much forward to this game.

HulkSmash
Level 8
It's amazing! Yup, feels like an uncharted sandbox...but the mood is much more dark (which I like better), and anything with boobs is just better 😛 lol. The gameplay is very unique...I'm sure you'll love it...the forest and hunting reminded me of Assassin's Creed 3...

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea awesome game man ! I jus got it this morning and managed to set up decent settings with tressfx for the hair. Looks crazy man I hope they add some boobfx too haha :p. Didn't get much time to play since I got uni, but it runs at 25-35 fps with everything maxed except for shadow res, depth of field normal and ssao normal.. I like hair effects, with that off its like double fps Lol. I'm sure well get some nice new WHQL drivers to support it better soon..

Any ideas what 'high precision' setting does in the graphics settings??

HulkSmash
Level 8
No idea what it does, barely affects FPS though. I love the way the hair looks and moves, I haven't seen any better hair on any game like this one.

The characters and the island seem to have a great story...I also like how you start inexperienced, and you learn little by little. I've played for about 2 or 3 hours now, a lot of detail and awesome gameplay, I'm impressed, too bad I have to work right now :(. And some boobfx would be a nice realistic touch ;P, just give it a month and they'll have a nude mod lol (I'm not a needy guy btw). But seriously, so far one of the best games I've ever played.

PS: waiting for Sim City now!

mrwolf
Level 10

HulkSmash
Level 8
Wow, it will look even better? lol...And so far the only issues I had were that the game crashed 3 times. But two times because I kept on Alt+Tabing it...And I found it online, High Precision adjusts some of the colors and lighting, being supposed to give it more realism. Although I see a difference, it's barely better...maybe because of those driver issues I'm guessing?

BTW, I'm at 36%, I think I'll stop playing until they release the drivers, although my experience is still being incredible 😛

HulkSmash
Level 8
I've also read on a website, that someone was running it on the new beta drivers, turned it back to 310.90 drivers and it actually worked better. I'm still on 310.90 too because of the OC limitation on the GTX660m with the new drivers...Not sure if it's really related though...

Ben404
Level 7
I'm only able to run it at 1920x1080 with mostly Medium settings and post processing on my VW. Am I missing something 😧

One of the best looking game in 3d vison. There is only a minor issue with crosshair but I think helix will fix this soon.
http://helixmod.blogspot.com/