Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG ThunderFX_x64

mindstorm
Level 7
recently i reinstalled my pc with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

also installed the newest software version for the ThunderFX,
but now i get the message: ROG ThunderFX_x64 Failed to find language resource!

i have tried the older software version aswell but got the same problem
before the reinstall it worked fine and was also running windows 8 pro 64 bit
10 REPLIES 10

TenBlade
Level 11
I have the same problem, though mine is a new installation of Win7 HP 64 and I have never gotten it to work. It is as if it doesn´t recognize it´s a 64 bit OS, I´d expect a message concerning _x86.

TenBlade
Level 11
Could this thread be directed towards someone dealing with ThunderFX, please?! The silence around this has me concerned...

TenBlade
Level 11
Now, I hate to be that disgruntled customer complaining about this and that. But, it´s been a while now, and I have posted on the issue in the past, with the same result, having it more or less ignored. But who wouldn´t be disappointed by purchasing a nice shiny piece of hardware that doesn´t seem to work (on Win 7 64 bit)?!
I´m not blaming any of you 200+ people, who have stopped by, for not having a solution. I know that everyone here supplies their knowledge gladly. That just tells me, the issue needs to be taken to the next level. So I´ll ask you this: Does anyone know how to acquire assistance with this piece of hardware? Who do I talk (PM) to?
Thx

AVtemp
Level 10
I'm afraid you will get no help from ASUS on this forum.
RAJA@ASUS will recommend you to contact your local support.
And local support will not help you too,because they are not programmers.
If you`ll try to contact programmers directly by email (bug report),you still will get no help.
That`s reality.
A lot of users who had problems,sold their soundcards.
Because there is no ANY help from ASUS.
There is only one thing you can get here - advice from other users.

TenBlade
Level 11
I must say, I have seen members receiving help, also from the upper echelons, which is why I´m wondering why this one seems to be silenced to death, or just not noticed. This is probably not THE most visited section. If you think Raja would be my go-to guy, I will ask him. Thx!

hey fellas, sorry to hear your experiencing problems with the TFX. I hate to say it, but I must agree that there has never been much help with TFX issues from anyone official. Myself and another forum member named phlebiac tried to get help with the ThunderFX software using like 6 GB memory allocation (according to Windows Task Manager) and causing low memory errors in this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?27941-6.405.956-KB-ROG-ThunderFX.exe-Physical-Memory-Usage&... but we got no real help from ASUS. We got advice from MarshallR, RAJA, HVMan, Chino and the other usual suspects, because they are supremely good peoples, and always do their best to help. However, since the problem was almost certainly in the actual coding of the software, they really couldn't do much more than pass the problem up the chain... where it apparently died. So I thought I'd warn you guys that even if you get your current issue resolved, you will still have to deal with the memory problem. As far as I know, this problem was never addressed. Just FYI
i7 3770K @ 5.0GHz DeLid 1.44v | Maximus V FormulaTFX BIOS 1803 | 16GB G. Skill Trident X 2666 LB5 1.65v | AX1200i | 2xGB HD7970OC 1050/1410 MOD BIOS 13.8 BETA CF | 840 Pro 256GB SSD |2x840 Pro 128GB SSD | 2xWDC 2 TB | Corsair 900D | Windows 7 64Bit HP | EK Supremacy Cu | EK CoolStream XTX 360 | EK DCP 4.0 | EK MO X3 150 | Panasonic 46" + Pan 42"x2 1080p LED LCD | APC Back UPS 1500/865| APC Voltage Regulator

TenBlade
Level 11
Thanks for the headsup, jd!

TenBlade
Level 11
I cracked it! And feeling a bit dumb, the solution was there all along. Should´ve just tried the older version ThunderFX_V512134_V70134_XPWin7, but I never looked for an older version...

TenBlade
Level 11
And something just dawned on me, the unzipping of the older version took a lot longer than unzipping the latest version, it took only a few moments. So probably the dl is corrupt or something. And I have tried to download it several times.