cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P8Z77-V Overclocking Problems

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Can't over clock my I5 3570K past 4.3 1.25v without needing 1.3v for 4.4 then 1.4v for 4.5. Tested my ram over night with no errors. Tested CPU at stock prime stable 12 hours. The only thing I can think of is my CPU retaining bracket squashes a solder point on the back but would this really effect my system but only when over clocking.

Sorry about lack of info but I'm typing on a nexus so it takes a while.
10 REPLIES 10

SUKARA
Level 10
Did you have change another power supply before? or ohters device?
Maybe you can help to list your hareware device!

HiVizMan
Level 40
Each CPU is unique and will need different amounts of voltage. Not sure why you would think anything might be wrong.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

My system specs:

ASUS P8Z77-V
8 GB Corsair Vengeance
I5 3570K
ASUS GTX 690
ASUS Xonar Phoebus
256GB Crucial SSD
600GB Storage HDD
Coolermaster 1000w power supply
XSPC RASA 240 watercooling kit
Coolermaster nvidia Haf-x case

The reason why I think there is something wrong is because of the amount of volts and steps its taking. I can't seem to find anyone that's had to push it as high as I have for the frequency.

..VeNoM.. wrote:

The reason why I think there is something wrong is because of the amount of volts and steps its taking. I can't seem to find anyone that's had to push it as high as I have for the frequency.

I have seen quite a number of system builders for major online retailers have to use similar or even higher voltages for 4.4GHz so that is why I asked. 🙂 Like I said each CPU is unique and maybe yours needs just that little more voltage. It could also just be that your BIOS version is volt demanding. Some of the guys (true different board) have reported that some bios versions seem to need more voltage.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15

__VeNoM__
Level 7
I'll get some screenshots up on my next day off... I think i'm off Monday so I'll do it then

najirion
Level 7
I'm using the same motherboard. I was able to overclock my i5-2500k to 4.5Ghz stable @ 1.32v. Some can do it lower. They say each processor is unique... 5.0Ghz @ 1.48v but I doubt that was stable, I just OCed it for fun and some superpi1m and 32m runs. ivies use lower voltages based on what I observe.
Intel i5-2500k - ASUS Maximus V Gene - ASUS GTX 660 DCU II
ASUS ThunderFX - Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 850w
OCZ Vector 120GB - Corsair H90
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB - Coolermaster Storm Trooper

__VeNoM__
Level 7
Well I'm still going at it... Currently 1.38v for 4.5Ghz. However, I do feel the volts are a tad too high for average. Considering it's too a jump from 1.25v @ 4.3Ghz

I have asked my supplier if I can exchange but it's looking unlikely 😞

majorwoody
Level 7
Running same board cep't a 3770k 1.47volts get me a stable 5.0 but temps to gets to high so i backed to 1.38 on the volts satble at 4.8 and
temps
stay in normal ranges..