ROG & ASUS Z87 Motherboard Teasers!

X-ROG
Level 15
http://rog.asus.com/214922013/news/rog-asus-z87-motherboard-teasers/

Let us know your guesses on the new bits! We'll reveal more when it's ready 😉
45 REPLIES 45

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
Hmm, I wonder if either of these will be a ROG mobo (prob not the Deluxe).
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.

Zka17
Level 16
Hm... based on the "Z", I guess it's continuing the Maximus series boards...

Despite the "Deluxe", it must be a ROG mobo... otherwise why MarshallR would tease us on the ROG Forum?! 🙂

Zka17 wrote:
Hm... based on the "Z", I guess it's continuing the Maximus series boards...

Despite the "Deluxe", it must be a ROG mobo... otherwise why MarshallR would tease us on the ROG Forum?! 🙂

Cause I love awwwwl the tasty things, yo! Don't discriminate on our blue brothers in ASUS branding! 😉

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Cause I love awwwwl the tasty things, yo! Don't discriminate on our blue brothers in ASUS branding! 😉

All my respect to our "blue" brothers, but my heart is beating for the "black and red"... 🙂

Checking the pics again, I think, I have to agree with Myk... now it does seem that it's rather a TUF series or it's continuation, then Maximus... - at least, based on the colors...

Zka17 wrote:
Checking the pics again, I think, I have to agree with Myk... now it does seem that it's rather a TUF series or it's continuation, then Maximus... - at least, based on the colors...

Yes, I just noticed, in the tags at the bottom, it says "TUF Gryphon • TUF Z87" so the Gryphon is the TUF - "Thermal armor" board, and the Z87 Deluxe is a high-end mainstream desktop board.

We probably won't see the ROG X99 Haswell boards until sometime after summer - even the teasers.
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.

HalloweenWeed wrote:
Yes, I just noticed, in the tags at the bottom, it says "TUF Gryphon • TUF Z87" so the Gryphon is the TUF - "Thermal armor" board, and the Z87 Deluxe is a high-end mainstream desktop board.

When I 1st mentioned that the Gryphon would be replacing the Sabretooth...I didn't even look at the tags lmao, I saw it in the article's title....and the color of the writing on the board made it obvious too 😄

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
When I 1st mentioned that the Gryphon would be replacing the Sabretooth...I didn't even look at the tags lmao, I saw it in the article's title....and the color of the writing on the board made it obvious too 😄

They've removed that color since then.

HalloweenWeed wrote:
They've removed that color since then.

Indeed they did, hence why I called them sneaky devils lmao

I hope there will be a Z87 Maximus Gene very soon after release of the Haswell CPUs ...

In fact the Maximus V Gene has been the best Asus Product i bought for ages.

Hope they keep USB flashback ... please take Creative Sound IC instead X-FI MB ... only thing to be improved.