cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH After sleep duplicates with a projector?

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
I've been having this trouble of my ASUS G73JH detecting an extra monitor on wake-up, but now I have discovered what it truly is. When my laptop wakes up it detects a projector for some reason and duplicates my display to it. When I hit win+p / fn+F8 it goes back to knowing it has no projector, but why would it detect the false projector in the first place? Any help would very much be appreciated.

Also, I RMA'd my laptop and they magically could not re-create the issue, but it happens every wake up for me.

-Thanks in advance.
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).
12 REPLIES 12

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Bump, anyone?

irdmoose
Level 10
I'm not sure why it would detect a projector, but I would recommend updating your video driver if you haven't. If that doesn't work try reinstalling your OS (either a restore from the recovery or a clean install from the Windows 7 media and installing the latest drivers). If the latter doesn't fix the problem, then I would write detailed instructions on how to replicate the issue and re-RMA it since it very well may be a hardware issue.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Well, the way it occurs for me is if when plugged in my laptop stays asleep for about 15 minutes +. if i close and re-open it there is no problem, but if i let it sit for a while it will duplicate. I was going to re-install the os, but I will have to do it on a day off.

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
After re-installing the os the problem still occurs.. idk what to do now and ATI Tray tools does not work with my opencl anymore... 😕 great.

Chastity
Level 10
Issues with wake-up may not be a video driver issue. I know the RST drivers have produced some weird issues on wake-up, including hangs. It can also be the Protected Path causing issues, and pulling the connection plug, and reinserting it, can fix it.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
you mean pulling out the power supply?

xeromist
Protected path refers to HDMI. Do you have anything connected to the HDMI port?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
Nope, all i have on my laptop is a mouse and a logitech headset, both usb.

xeromist
What port does it say that the projector is connected to? I'm wondering if there is something physically wrong with the port that is causing it to detect something connected. Unfortunately there isn't much that you could do about that if it's the case.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…