ROG Enthusiast Array

Huge problem with phoebus Card. Try to uninstall locks up PC

Ok so tonight I clicked on device manager an ran "update drivers" in the phoebus card. an it installed a high definition driver, now for some reason it deleted the phoebus drivers, an corrupted the card. so now Windows 8 cant find the card, an when I try to uninstall the driver pack to reinstall it. the uninstall hangs at about 50%.. it then takes out my alternate screens, an jsut sits there. so now I cant get my phoebus sound running, an I cant reinstall it. This bloody card is becoming a HUGE problem, an I cant even take the damn thing back .
    Has anyone els ran intot his problem?.
    I tried looking for system restore point, but it seems windows 8 doesn't have that, an i am not sure that would even fix it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

just backup your files and try to re-install a fresh copy of windows 8. also try disabling onboard soundcard. or try installing your Phoebus on another pc??

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Go into Device Manager again, double click the High definition audio device, and go to the Driver page. Do you see a "Roll back driver" selection?
    Try that. Not sure if this works...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I eventually found the restore system point software, thanks guys. But jesus I will never ever buy another Asus Soundcard, they are without doubt a nightmare.Dont know whats gonna happen when I try to update drivers if there ever is one to install...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Sounds like to me you have the realtek audio still enabled. Hopefully you disable it as windows updates have nothing to do with Asus's sound card drivers to begin with. This is why I don't have updates to auto install. I like to read over them before I let them install. That way you can decide if it is a good move or a bad one. But glad you got it sorted out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

well I sort of have it sorted out. But if I ever have to update the drivers for phoebus, I am screwed. because it will just crash again. An there is no way in hell I am reinstalled windows every time I have to update a sound card driver. As I said, never again....lol

Yea, Having to reinstall a os for a sound card driver is a bad move. Or any piece of hardware for that matter. I removed my Pheobus, too many issues. Being no driver support what-so-ever and paying a high price for it. Just doesn't thrill me and all the buggy software releases doesn't look good for the end-user. It is out my system and honestly the realtek sounds just as good {Minus the headphone amp part} and no more issues.

So basically you ****ed up some drivers all by yourself, which has done some weird **** to your operating system and somehow it's totally asus' fault and not yours? Like, seriously? It's like blaming your car manufacturer after having filled it up with cow dung instead of gasoline...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Glasofruix View Post
    So basically you ****ed up some drivers all by yourself, which has done some weird **** to your operating system and somehow it's totally asus' fault and not yours? Like, seriously? It's like blaming your car manufacturer after having filled it up with cow dung instead of gasoline...
    Tell you what mate, instead of coming to the forum an beating your little chest an trying to score points on me like some schoolboy. How about you read what I said, I did NOT do anything wrong whatsoever. The phoebus is a highly expensive card (300$) here, an it is not a stretch to expect it to work. It does not work properly.

Killer_K I am with you on that one, I have been thinking of pulling the phoebus out an selling it to a mate, as for me, its junk. The onboard sound on the RoC Formula is good, an if I want better sound I can just buy the EXT amp.

Please do not respond to any thread of mine in future, glasno,this is not 4chan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassy View Post
    How about you read what I said, I did NOT do anything wrong whatsoever. The phoebus is a highly expensive card (300$) here, an it is not a stretch to expect it to work. It does not work properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassy View Post
    Ok so tonight I clicked on device manager an ran "update drivers" in the phoebus card.
    Yep, it would not work properly if you mess with the drivers. FYI, windows does not update (with a few exceptions) the drivers of third party hardware manufacturers, it sees a sound card, it sees that it has a newer generic sound card driver and it installs it => boom driver conficts + unstable operating system.

Don't get me wrong, this card is far from being perfect (mainly because of poor driver support), but most of the time the problem is between the chair and the keyboard.