cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Seems to have Died

eugene_nelson
Level 7
I have a Best Buy ASUS G75VW and I love the comp. Today I went into my room to turn it on and all I saw was the keyboard light up, absolutely nothing on screen, and no hard drive activity. The only lights on are the lightbulb indicator and the power plug in indicator. Anybody have any ideas?
G75VW-BBK5
8 REPLIES 8

SubmersedHollow
Level 9
hard reset it by removing battery for about ~1min then try again. if not i hope for another solution

SubmersedHollow wrote:
hard reset it by removing battery for about ~1min then try again. if not i hope for another solution

THIS! My friend has a G74sx and called me up one day telling me how his computer was done for, how his life sucked so much, and how he had to send it in for repair. I asked him what it was doing. He said when he turns it on the screen is just black. So I told him to shut it off, pull out the battery, hold the power button for a few seconds to drain any stray voltage, then put it back together and turn it on. Working ever since. LOL

TokoDude
Level 10
check if the connectors isn't lose on your pc
ACER PREDATOR G9-791 |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |16 GB RAM |GTX970M 3GB |FULL HD | 750GB SSD | Samsung 850 PRO & 2X M.2 SSD RAID 0
G75VW |Intel Core I7-3610QM |24GB RAM |GTX670M 3 GB |FULL HD | 526GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO & 850 PRO
GL552VW |Intel Core i7-6700HQ |12 GB RAM |GTX960M 3GB |FULL HD | 256GB SSD | Samsung

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
Sane problen with my g55,turns out to be a motherboard problem

Apexing
Level 9
try and hook up an external monitor, either trough hdmi or the dvi port.
and also try what other suggested about the reset.

colpolite
Level 9
Better hope it ain't nothing serious or prepare for the best warranty of all time in Asus where everything is vague and they keep your laptop for 3 weeks to 3 months with no real update.

Pitcher1
Level 9
unplug battery and adapter for a while, than plug into try again.
when you power on, are you hearing fan, hdd sound or just lcd can not turn on?

dstrakele
Level 14
If ASUS Live Update performed a BIOS update that bricked your laptop, hold down CTRL+HOME while starting the laptop. This will hopefully enter BIOS Recovery, where you can flash the BIOS backup file that exists in the root of C:.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT