cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Asus G75VX - The Truth

StreetGT
Level 8
Hi everyone, I'm here to share with you my rage about the RMA, and show what Asus is..
At 6 of February I sent my G75VX to RMA for they fix the problem which most of people know it, the horizontal lines in dark colors. Today 6 of March ( 1 Month hummm) they send me back the VX, they said it was fixed. When I turn off my PC for test if it was fixed, but arhrhrhrrhr, the problem still here, horizontal lines still here.
So, what i'm thinking about? They fix it? They opened it? They know about the problem? ( Probably Yes).
You guys don't let Asus make what they want, you guys have rights, rights for complaint. I'm just sharing with you guys my really frustration about it.
It's my 2nd G75VX, the 1st one had a Fan problem, a strange noise.

So, I will keep it here waiting a answer from Marchall.

PS: I'm from Portugal.
22 REPLIES 22

httuner
Level 9
I have heard horror stories about RMA or any warranty work with Asus, so far I'm not liking it. It seems to be a pretty common thing with asus support. I'm glad I haven't had any issues with my laptop yet(fingers crossed) anyone have any good successful stories?

bignazpwns
Level 11
Man they wont ever fix this problem. People have been trying to get it fixed on the VW's Asus wont even return my calls on this matter. All Asus does is Lie about stuff on this issue and they wont fix it. Im not surprised they did not fix yours.

Also if you hear back from him send him to the forums tell him i am still waiting on my return phone call from 9 months ago about a VW issue.

Here are some facts.

Asus knows about this problem.

It affects the VW's and VX's unknown % i attempted to take a poll and mods deleted the post saying they do not publish defect information. What makes me baleave the % of them is well over 50%.

Asus will not fix this issue.

Seem the problems are coming from one plant. The displays are all the same brand but i found them to come from two plants and all the problem displays are coming from the same one.

Only fix is a new display.

Asus wont even look at the display. They know its a problem but they will not fix it so they wont even look at the display if its sent back. Not long ago a guy sent the system back for a RMA and used a uv pen to make a pattern on the rubber plugs for the display to tell if they were removed and reinstalled since he would be able to tell. When he got it back he used a uv light and they were not touched. And no one on these forums is shocked that they dont fix stuff or even expects them to fix it.

My advice is save your self some time and shipping money. Just put up a nice LCD and upgrade it and install it your self. Its not all that hard and the upgrade will be cheap about $100 and will fix the problem why giving you better colors, contrast and viewing angles. But if you want keep pushing them dont give up and remember the Squeaky wheel gets the oil and i will stand behind you 110% on this issue.

bignazpwns wrote:

It affects the VW's and VX's unknown % i attempted to take a poll and mods deleted the post saying they do not publish defect information. What makes me baleave the % of them is well over 50%.

Asus will not fix this issue.

Censorship by the mods? I guess when individuals blast ASUS on these forums and describe their defects and sh**y RMAs it is tolerated, but when someone starts to produces statistics about these problems they get nervous? Thats too bad. 😞
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

fostert wrote:
Censorship by the mods? I guess when individuals blast ASUS on these forums and describe their defects and sh**y RMAs it is tolerated, but when someone starts to produces statistics about these problems they get nervous? Thats too bad. 😞

That is not accurate friend. as well as the scewed 'defect information'. scewing perception is not tolerated.
why should it be? ... I will leave it there.c.

fostert wrote:

As Chris mentioned this forum draws people looking for help so such a poll would be based on extreme selection bias. It's not statistically sound methodology and the results would be highly inaccurate so yes they would certainly be upset about someone misrepresenting their products on their own forum.

Individual cases are different because they are based (as far as anyone knows) on actual experience and therefore aren't inaccurate.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
As Chris mentioned this forum draws people looking for help so such a poll would be based on extreme selection bias. It's not statistically sound methodology and the results would be highly inaccurate so yes they would certainly be upset about someone misrepresenting their products on their own forum.

Individual cases are different because they are based (as far as anyone knows) on actual experience and therefore aren't inaccurate.

Ah, that clears it up for me...yes I agree that the only responders to a poll would probably be the most upset ones, and hence such a poll would be useless statistically and dangerously biased. Got 'er. Its too bad that uncovering the truth (which probably favors ASUS; I personally think their notebooks are fab) can't be done scientifically here, however. Just the nature of things I guess.
--
G74SX-CST1-CBIL, i7 2630QM 2GHz
32GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
GTX560M 3GB DDR5 (192 bit)
17.3" LED 1920x1080
Sentelic TP, BIOS 203
Debian Linux Wheezy (Testing) Kernel 3.2, NVIDIA 295.40

I recently got my g75vx back from ASUS rma, surprisingly the laptop came back in great shape with all my problems addressed; although they were minor I'm still surprised based on all the comments about ASUS rma service. The only issue I have is that one of the rubber feet on the display is missing while every other one is perfectly in tact. Is there any place I could purchase this? I wouldn't want to call over something so small, but because of OCD (especially with electronics) the tiniest things always get to me.

pathfindercod
Level 8
I'm torn on my decision to keep this asus now. I'm not going to keep a machine with potential problems and having I deal with what seems to be very bad support and utter lack of care by a company.

Pitcher1
Level 9
First, you can visit this website for service center at Portugal (http://www.asus.com/support/Hotline/)
Second, are the RMA change new one for you or jsut repair, i am not help asus to say, maybe they can not duplicate issue for your laptop, i say maybe.