Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

that soundcard should be in between slot 3 and 4 ( it is a PCI Express x1 card ) that small black slot.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi there shogbakken, this may help you i had the same issue when i was using a creative sound blaster x-fi fatality sound card. My build that i used that card with was running duel sli gtx 460se's. When i went to sli format either the sound card would not work making my pc lock up or the sli would dissable. The build had a intel dx58so2 mobo so i used slot 1 and 2 for the gpus since they were both 16x slots and the there was a pci 1 slot inbtween them as well as one under the 3rd pcie slot. So i used the lower pci 1 slot for the sound card. What i did was take out the second card disabling sli. Uninstalled the nvidia drivers. Rebooted with the sound card in place and installed all drivers for the sound blaster. Once it was up and running i installed the drivers for the first card powered up then installed the second gpu then went into sli. Problem was fixed have no issues now with sli and sound blaster. Hope it helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2