ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Mankz's Avatar

Crysis 3 versus Crysis: Graphical Comparison

“..But can it play Crysis?”
    In late 2007 gamers all over the world were scrambling to upgrade and buy new systems in order to meet the lofty requirements of Crysis. At the time, the recommended specifications were a Core 2 Duo running at 2.2GHz, 2GB of RAM and most expensively of all, an Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB graphics card. To put things in context, those specs can still playBattlefield 3, and the forth coming ARMA III today.
    There was no doubt that Crysis set the benchmark in graphics. Modern games are still often compared back to it today, so what better game to compare it to than the latest installment in the Crysis series, Crysis 3.
    We’ll look at a range of factors including screenshots from throughout the games, textures when zoomed in, memory usage and the thermal load on the graphics card when at a set fan speed.

http://rog.asus.com/212102013/gaming...al-comparison/

ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Hmm while the graphics are of course getting better I don't think they are whole magnitudes better and when it seems that an awful lot of effort is going into getting smaller and smaller returns and not much into story I can't help think the game industry is concentrating too much in only one direction. I would be a lot happier if they put a lot more development money into story, voice acting etc.

Pixel peeping textures is no measure of a good game and I wish it would become a side note in game reviews instead of the main focus. in this example I would be perfectly happy to play at the Crysis level of graphics a game that had expanded story, play time and cinematic experience than play a rehash with better Textures, Anti Aliasing etc.

ROG Enthusiast Array

From the screenshots and actual gameplay ofc, the game doesnt look its optimized atm. Sometimes its running at 99% gpu and sometimes it drops lower than 50%.

Im not sure whats happening - i aint using hyperthreading but a 2500k @4k, but comparing Crysis3 to BF3, i can say that BF3 uses the system in a % consistent ratio resulting in stable (and high) FPS.

I believe that the optimazation of Crysis3 is hardly from over. The only question is - will Cryo get down to it?
    Last edited by Seithan; 03-14-2013 at 11:20 AM.

New ROGer Array Swmp40 PC Specs
    Swmp40 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus V Extreme
    ProcessorI7 3770K
    Memory (part number)corsair vengance 2400
    Graphics Card #1strix GTX 970
    Graphics Card #2Strix GTX 970
    Power SupplyOZC Z series 850W

other than a few freazing instances i ran this game damn near full boar maxed out settings with out a hitch....

I 7 @ 4.7/ intel closed loop water cooler /ripjaws 1600 4X8 GB / ASUS GTX660 x1/ maximus v extreme/ OCZ vertex 90G SSD/

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Graphics are such a key part of the PC game experience these days, and folks want near photo realism most of the time for bragging rights I guess. I agree with Arne that this quest of perfect graphics is in many ways secondary to the game itself, the game should be what drives a buyer to shell out money to play not how good the graphics are.

That being said Crysis 3 is far from optimised as yet, and I suspect that it will be via the community that mods or major tweaks will come, or at least I hope so.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

New ROGer Array

I'm a "whole picture" kind of guy. Graphics are important to me, I've invested in multiple 30" IPS' for that reason... however, story, animation, voice acting and pioneering new mechanics and genres are all equally important to me.

If I play a well written and executed game, with poor graphics, I am going to be focused on, and complaining about, its seemingly singular blemish. "This game is sooo good, if only they'd put the effort into the graphics too, it would be near perfect." That is a statement I think every gamer can look back and confess too uttering something similar too, be it related to graphics or otherwise. After playing BF3, I can hardly stand to play something with stiff, outdated animations. Pulls me straight out of the immersion. As new games raise the bar in one area or another, we all tend to adjust our standards, intentionally or not. For that reason, and to every Dev's dismay, it has ALL become important to me.
    FIRE~
    Cosmos S || Evga E760 "Classified" || i7 960 @ 4.0Ghz w/ H100 || 6 Gb Dominator GT || Torqx 128Gb SSD || 2TB Caviar Black || Evga 680 FTW || X-Fi HD || CM Silent 1000 || 3 x Dell U3011 *7680x1600* || 5.1 - Marantz / Axiom / Velodyne || 64bit Win7

ICE~
    Cosmos S || Evga NF71-A1 || E8500 || 4 Gb XMS2 || 1TB Caviar Black || XFX 5870 XXX || X-Fi || PC&C Silencer 750 || XHD3000 || 64bit Win7

ROG Member Array

The third SLI or crossfire slot on motherboards should be a dedicated physic's card.Games really lack a huge amount of physic's.The motherboard builders and CPU builders need to get together and fix there systems and bios's up to run the third video slot to physic's, and do it like direct-x , make all the companies use the same code for physic's.
    Imagine a crossfired video system with a 7990 dual gpu as a physic's card, sheesh, the game coders would have a whole new fandangle engine to run/build.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Adhy Dharma FN's Avatar

game "CRYSIS"created with CryENGINE software. It's very expensive software

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array grassy PC Specs
    grassy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS
    MotherboardRAMPAGE 4 BLACK/RIG 2 RAMPAGE FORMULA
    Processor3960X/ RIG 2 4820k
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 980 TI STRIX OC
    Graphics Card #2RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Graphics Card #3RIG 2 GTX 690 SLI
    Sound CardAUZENTECH 7.1 XFI DTSMA
    MonitorDELL U3011/RIG 2 VIEWSONIC MONITOR
    Storage #1480GIG/360GIG/250GIG SSD
    Storage #2RIG 2 180GIG SSD
    CPU CoolerHEATKILLER PRO WATERBLOCK/RIG 2 CORSAIR H105
    CaseIN-WIN 909/1 COOLERMASTER WHITE STRYKER CASES/IN-WIN 909
    Power SupplyCORSAIR AX1200/ RIG 2 CORSAIR HX750
    Keyboard 2 G19'S
    Mouse 2 G9 LASER
    Mouse Pad RIG 2 STRYK X
    Headset/Speakers RIG 2 TWO B&W COMPUTER SPEAKERS
    OS WIN 10 HOME/RIG 2 WIN 7 PRO

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    Graphics are such a key part of the PC game experience these days, and folks want near photo realism most of the time for bragging rights I guess. I agree with Arne that this quest of perfect graphics is in many ways secondary to the game itself, the game should be what drives a buyer to shell out money to play not how good the graphics are.

That being said Crysis 3 is far from optimised as yet, and I suspect that it will be via the community that mods or major tweaks will come, or at least I hope so.
    Yep i am with you on this one. I have the DELL 30" monitor and 2 gtx690 and the top of the line basically and all this hardware can still only do so much. The story line is the key for me the graphics can take care of themselves in accordance with the quality of your hardware that we are using.
    FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE