cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crosshair v formula desktop problem

darksider
Level 7
I have this system Tower-aerocool xpredator/Psu-corsair ax 1200 pro/Motherboard-asus crosshair v formula/Cpu-amd fx 8150 stock/Gpu-Asus 560ti oc 2gb x2 sli/Ddr-corsair vengeance 1600 8gb/Hdd 2x western digital 1 tb-ssd kingston 120 gb/cooling-Corsair hydro series H80/dvd-bluray onboard/sound-asus xonar dx with logitech 5.1 z500 my problem is when i install a game or program i take this message The "Explorer windows" stopped working " and desktop make restart and i notice when it does that the asus xonar dx panel and sound blaster panel they disappear.What can i do what false.Last i want a guide for easy overclock without voltages and all this stuff.
5 REPLIES 5

oldbrave
Level 9
Welcome to the forum! 🙂

It sounds like you may have picked up a virus that has corrupted some of your files, I would suggest that you do a fresh re-install of your OS.
As far as a guide to OC without voltages and all that stuff, well you might be able to OC 2 maybe 3 hundred Mhz but if you are wanting more then the voltages and all this stuff are absolutely required, you can't really OC without them !
Electronic Smoke Signals From my TechnoTeepee
ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ 990FX, 1703 bios
AMD FX 8350 Vishera @ 5162Mhz [21x245] 1.546v 🙂
Water Cooled - Koolance EX2-1055, CPU 370 WB, Idle=22c Load=52c
32Gb G.Skill Sniper ddr3 1600 8G X 4 , 9-9-9-24 @ 1.55v
ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5, Cat 13.5 beta 2, Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600
SanDisk Extreme 120Gb SSD SATA 6Gb, 250Gb SATA 6Gb, 1Tb SATA 6Gb x2
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair HX1000w PSU

one observation do i wait for z87 and haswell or amd4 or buy 8350 and stick with am3+

darksider
Level 7
i check my os today with kaspersky and avast and nothing found i run and memtest and all is good i coogle and i see that maybe xonar dx panel with xi-fi 2 drivers maybe have issues for overclock now the oc button do the work?Cause i dont want install ai suite it make mess.once i install it my pc not working hope a new ai suite solve all false positives.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Guess the question is more what do you use your system for? Intel v AMD is such a personal choice and the discussion has been had so many times it is quite tired now. 🙂

Right now in most situations Intel has the performance edge. Haswell will continue that trend of improving on an already good CPU.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

darksider
Level 7
is there any news even a little for am4 cause my choice is always amd but am3 its going grandpa and intel force new technologie every month