cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ares 2

LITOROG
Level 7
Hello guys

I got asus ares 2 but is giving me some problems like when I'm playing call of duty ops 2... On main page when is doing the count down to go for the game is giving me flickering on screen I try all the driver and still give me flickering I don't know what to any more... Is bugs on drivers or is the card faulty please any one got this problems please help me The monitor is Samsung 27" 120mhz and is contacted via display port 1.2 psu cooler master 1200w 80plus gold
394 REPLIES 394

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
What is the rest of your hardware?

hello

my current rig:
M/B: asus crosshair v formula-v
CPU:FX 8350 8-core
VGA:asus ares 2
RAM: corsair dominator platinum 32gb (4x8gb) 2133mhz
Sound card: asus xonat phoebus
ODD: LG BD modisc SSD: Corsair 480GB Neutron Series SSD (OS) 2-ssd Corsair GT 240gb Series SSD (GAMES)
HDD:Western Digital 3TB Red Hard Drive(data)
NETWORK CARD: bigfoot killer 2100
Cooling: corsair h100i/ corsair commando
case: thermaltake speedo adevance (year 2009)
PSU cooler master 1200w 80plus go
MONITOR: 1ST SAMSUNG S27A950D Black 27" 2ms Full HD 3D LED CONNECT VIA DISPLAY PORT 1.2
2ST monitor: HANNS.G 1080P CONNECT VIA DVI

any more question let me know is the driver bad for asus are 2

Man I'm having the same issue. It actually flickers whenever i am even watching a HD movie.
I have changed RAM, Power supply, Brand new Ares 2 But just having the same issue. Very frustrating.

My setups are:

AMD FX8150 (I'm trying using the 8350 tomorrow)
32Gb, 2133 CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB
Ares 2
Crossair V Formular

I don't think everything else will matter.

Please, Anybody help~~~~
I cannot spend more money into testing it anymore......

One thing i did notice is. There are 3 leds at the back of the card bottom. NOT the PCIE leds.
The 3 leds are in a little hole near the PCIE slots.

Mine having the middle led flashes at a fixed interval. Is yours the same???

Hello witch drivers you using...? If you using from amd don't use okay....I fix my but I did a new install of the windows 7 and install the drivers from the asus web ares 2 "not amd drivers" and my felinkring stop just Install the amd profille for amd web for the crossfire okay Thats helps but not the drivers from amd.... But to tell the true to you reinstall the window and try like I did I let me know okay.... Let me know is getting me frustrated 2 not just you but now looks better no issues do far.... And about that light I ill see on Thursday on I'm off and I let you know okay... Let me know okay
Other thing of you getting the same CPU as me don't overclocked the CPU use your cpu started okay trust me do the disable on motherboard for the amd torbo target I find out make the card more stable to me

Regards Carlos

LITOROG wrote:
Hello witch drivers you using...? If you using from amd don't use okay....I fix my but I did a new install of the windows 7 and install the drivers from the asus web ares 2 "not amd drivers" and my felinkring stop just Install the amd profille for amd web for the crossfire okay Thats helps but not the drivers from amd.... But to tell the true to you reinstall the window and try like I did I let me know okay.... Let me know is getting me frustrated 2 not just you but now looks better no issues do far.... And about that light I ill see on Thursday on I'm off and I let you know okay... Let me know okay
Other thing of you getting the same CPU as me don't overclocked the CPU use your cpu started okay trust me do the disable on motherboard for the amd torbo target I find out make the card more stable to me

Regards Carlos

I did a win 7 clean install and install the driver from Ares2 site, But i'm not sure if you have used the BETA 9.02 driver from the web site.
But no lucks for me so far, LET me know how you did it detailed please.

northern_sun
Level 7
why dont you try 1 good monitor and try to replicate the problem you are having, maybe is ur displays ..
- Asus Maximus, 2.4 4core - 3.6ghz(o.c), raid5_6hdd, 3gb Crucial, HD 3870(o.c), Air Cooled, PSU-750w; Nzxt Apollo, 5-5-5-12-2-45-6-3 | 8-3-5-4-6-4-6 Republic of gamers !!!

- Asus Crosshair Formula Z, 4.0 8core - 4.4stable ; FX-8350 8core , g-SKILL PC19200 cl9 16gb, HD 6950x2, H100 Hydro+Air Cooled, Cm Storm Trooper, PSU1000w FATAL1TY, OCZ Vertex3x3

hello

clean all and use the new drivers on web 9.05 a bit better but still give some issues ... and about the leds is the same as you middle led flashes at a fixed interval yes I need to find out what is that.... other thing don't install nothing from amd web okay... and 1 thing give problems is so the gpu tweak im getting Very frustrating too let me know

phatec
Level 7
is ares ii just a dead card? everyone is having the same issues with the card? even me, very glitchy and so many flickers, crashes, distortions, fragmenting