Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

looks like double post. Not sure what happen really.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by bignazpwns View Post
    Long story short i maxed out the stock 180w pretty fast switched to the spare 230w and again maxed that out so i will be looking for a 330w here shortly to finish my bench runs.

Few things even when the system was getting full power before i passed that fine line the temps were never over 70c and before i hit the point of taking way more power then the psu's were pumping out i did meet up with some GTX 680m's. Then i pushed it some more and the scores took a nose dive lol. Clocks were all 100% stable but i cant say for a fact the 1500 was stable. It ran but from the score i can tell it was not getting the power it needs so i can only say the 1450 was stable since that was my last full power run.

Official scores will not be uploaded or published until i have finished if i decide to.

On a side note this is by far the best nvidia gpu i have ever had. And to be honest it beats my legendary Q6600 i had and thats really saying a lot. So much so that i decided to buy this system just because of this beyond golden sample GTX 670MX that is in it.

Also dont mind the 2gig stick i had it sitting on my desk for a few months from a system upgrade for a guy so i just thought i would slap it in and make some use out of it.

Also if anyone was wondering the memory starts to get slight artifacts at 2650mhz

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/357357

So that's all till i get a 330w psu here. I dont feel like modding the one from my MX18 so it could be a week or so before i post some stable max balls to the wall benches that bridge that gap between the GTX 670MX and a GTX 680m with a slight overclock. Really pushing to hit 1700 on this gpu but if i can only get it stable at 1450-1500 im happy with it.

PS. As you can see this is why systems with GTX 680m's come with bigger and better psu's. I maxed out that 180w stock psu pretty fast.
    Dude i have a question i have a 150w psu and th best oc i can get is 135 on clock and 600 on memory do you think if i get a 240 psu i can reach a higher overclock? I have 670mx 1.5gb version

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestar View Post
    I modified my 204 BIOS I can as far as my tiny lil heart goes his notebook will last him maybe another 4 months you can go crazy on clocks on this card since its kepler arch it was meant to run cool and fast ;p sorta like me. You dump bios with FTK then you play with calssified tools and its not possible to just release MODed bios ready for flashing because now a days bioses have serials and all the other BS UEFI ...... In short it is possible to make eggs over easy on G75VX.
    Yes, eggs for those who do not know what they are doing but think that know too much. Actually they are not aware how vast is their ignorance.

What do you guys find most usefull things are in unlocked system bios then?
    Last edited by jmhdj; 05-29-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Personally I find no real benefits in the unlocked options of the system bios. I never tested the power states toggle and how it relates to SSD performance but other than that I can not find anything that could be useful. The CPU is not everclockable. RAM frequency and timings are taken from the JEDEC specifications. The fans are calibrated fine and changing the trip points makes no sense especially since silence is the key selling point of this laptop plus there is much better alternative for those that place the laptop on the OC bench.

The 670MX tweaking however does make much more sense because the card frequencies are pretty limited by Nvidia comparing to the maximum ability of the card (due to battery saving), the ASUS cooling and the card design does allow more power draw and heat dissipation. The difference between the stock and OC frequencies can be quite substantial.

Still even with the factory limits the card is a beast and even people that do not OC should not despair.

Quote Originally Posted by gokica View Post
    Personally I find no real benefits in the unlocked options of the system bios. I never tested the power states toggle and how it relates to SSD performance but other than that I can not find anything that could be useful. The CPU is not everclockable. RAM frequency and timings are taken from the JEDEC specifications. The fans are calibrated fine and changing the trip points makes no sense especially since silence is the key selling point of this laptop plus there is much better alternative for those that place the laptop on the OC bench.

The 670MX tweaking however does make much more sense because the card frequencies are pretty limited by Nvidia comparing to the maximum ability of the card (due to battery saving), the ASUS cooling and the card design does allow more power draw and heat dissipation. The difference between the stock and OC frequencies can be quite substantial.

Still even with the factory limits the card is a beast and even people that do not OC should not despair.

Finally one that speaks for the truth. Man i agree totally with you. Functions/options i am looking for in rog ami bios either not fully implemented or not there at all.

ROG Member Array NicholasLAranda's Avatar

SO, when is some one going to post a guide on how to modify this bios already?

theres a handful of threads on the internet but no guides.

seems everyone forgets they can put giant letters like this:

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU BRICK YOUR SYSTEM BY NOT FOLLOWING MY GUIDE THEN YOU ARE SCREWED
    THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO
    AND I WONT HELP YOU FIX IT
    YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    IF YOU MESS UP
    THAT'S ON YOU
    DO NOT COME TO ME FOR HELP
    GO AWAY IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Now here's how to do it:

Why doesn't any one do that?

As soon as I figure out how, I'm going to post on all of the sites how do it and make the disclaimer and not care if people mess up their systems

I warned them XD

New ROGer Array

I have the Asus G75VX, where can I check what wattage PSU I got? Also I have a 120GB SSD + the 750GB HDD, how much wattage is it taking up so I know how high I can OC my GTX670MX?

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

The model number on your power supply will tell you what wattage it is! I don't OC but I know you only know what you can OC to by trial and error you need to know what you are doing you could easily smoke your Notebook.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ggBanks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RypeDub View Post
    SO, when is some one going to post a guide on how to modify this bios already?

theres a handful of threads on the internet but no guides.

seems everyone forgets they can put giant letters like this:

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU BRICK YOUR SYSTEM BY NOT FOLLOWING MY GUIDE THEN YOU ARE SCREWED
    THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO
    AND I WONT HELP YOU FIX IT
    YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    IF YOU MESS UP
    THAT'S ON YOU
    DO NOT COME TO ME FOR HELP
    GO AWAY IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE DOING

Now here's how to do it:

Why doesn't any one do that?

As soon as I figure out how, I'm going to post on all of the sites how do it and make the disclaimer and not care if people mess up their systems

I warned them XD
    Well, I think its all bullsh*t. There is no way to OC the 660m yet. Everyone else who says they have are trolling. Dont you think that if there was a way it would be somewhere on the internet already? Try googling and see for yourself...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast