cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 Rearspeaker setting help

IronEagle
Level 7
Hello Rog user.

Since yesterday i got the ROD Xonar Phoebus and a Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround system.
I installed everything and the Phoebus works. The Soundsystem is also connected too.

Now my problem:
I go to the Speaker Setting on the ROG Xonar Panel and selected the 5.1 setup.
While pressing on the Rear Left i hear the sound comming out of both rears.
the same happens if i choose Rear Right.

I also noticed on the 7.1 setup if i press one of the Rears then the sound comes out only on the clicked Rear.

(my friend have almost the same setup and he doesnt have any problem.)

ps. if you need more informations about the system just let me know.
16 REPLIES 16

KILLER_K
Level 10
Sounds like you have surround and center cut up in the mixer. If they are turned all the way down, you will not get sound. It honestly sounds like a connection in the wrong place issue to me.

Well i tested the setup yesterday with a 5.1 surround test audio file ( played it over Windows Media Player ) and there I had no problems.
I will post some pic's from my setup later. (only the 2 settings were changed others are default)

edit: added pic of my setting

KILLER_K
Level 10
Looks like to me your KHz is the issue. Tried putting them back to default setting? As nothing goes that high, Plus it causes lag and like you see most stuff to stop working. I know it is there and you ask, "Why can't I use it? Same reason Asus can't do a updated driver or give support for it. Looks like Asus and C-Media is having issues now with this card.

IronEagle
Level 7
well i setted the KHz back to default but still no solution 😞

Glasofruix
Level 8
Did you plus all the plugs in the right holes? I know there's an error in the manual saying that you should plug your rear speakers into the side connector...

IronEagle
Level 7
Well i should have connected the wires correctly.
and i already saw the mistake in the manual.
as attachment the cabling to the soundcard.

KILLER_K
Level 10
Only other thing I can think of is it's sharing pci-express lanes. Have you tried changing to another lane to see what it does? And I assume you disabled the onboard audio in the bios and uninstalled it also.

IronEagle
Level 7
My previous Driver (Realtext) is alreadz uninstalled.
In my BIOS i couldnt find the Audio Setting for disable the onboard thing.
(I think I have an american blablabla bios).

Edit: I found thr button to disable the onboard sound.

WTC
Level 7
Did you turn on Dolby PCEEv4? Try turn that off and see if there's any difference.