cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G55VW overclock help

naurto75
Level 7
Hey guys im new to the overclocking scene. Could anyone post a tutorial on how to overclock this laptop and the things i would need to watch out for and do. Thanks also could you link all the programs i would need
9 REPLIES 9

Vicodin
Level 10
Hello. I was in your spot just a few weeks ago. I wanted to overclock this beast and I never have before. Well I will tell you what I did!

As many will tell you, you can only go +135mhz on the GPU core without messing with bios, voiding warranties, etc. So if you wan't some extra performance, and to safely overclock, I will tell you how I did it. I downloaded Asus GPU Tweak. I searched downloads at asus.com and downloaded it directly from their site. I found it perfectly safe to max the core (from 950 mhz to 1085 mhz) and I increased the mem clock from 5000 mhz to 5500 mhz. (This is how it appears in Asus GPU Tweak, but it is actually 2500 mhz to 2750 mhz). Either way. I used Asus GPU tweak because not only is it made by asus, it is really easy to use. If you check it out you will see. Don't go maxing out the mem clock, it will let you go up A LOT. Your screen will just go black, trust me! Just max the core, and increase mem clock from 5000 to 5500. Here are my results.

Stock

Overclocked +135/+500

As far as overclocking the CPU and RAM, not my department. I just wanted some extra performance out of the GPU. The CPU already boost's itself to 3.4 GHZ in mine, so not messing with that. As far as memory, sounds like a nightmare to mess with.

Thanksalot man i wanted some extra GPU preformance for my games thanks alot man!

bignazpwns
Level 11
Setting the cpu to always run as turbo is pretty easy. Tons of tuts of it and some on youtube. That will help ot in some games but it will raise your cpu temps up a little.

trust7
Level 7
Cool.. good post!! Thanks Vicodin

isomorphZeta
Level 7
I've gotten my memory clock up to 2905 MHz safely, though your results may vary. Don't hesitate to crank your GPU clock up to 1035 MHz, though - I've yet to hear about anybody having an issue with that. Just OC in intervals and test your temps and stability with FurMark each step to make sure you don't overdo it.

I personally OC'd using the P-State hack with NVIDIA Inspector, and created little icons so I can click to quickly change the OC level depending on what I'm doing. I can do a walkthrough if you want to go this route - it's not too complicated.

srmojuze
Level 10
naurto75 wrote:
Hey guys im new to the overclocking scene. Could anyone post a tutorial on how to overclock this laptop and the things i would need to watch out for and do. Thanks also could you link all the programs i would need

GPU Overclock:
MSI Afterburner or Asus GPU Tweak
NVInspector (Advanced)

CPU Overclock:
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Enjoy 🙂

adham_dehe
Level 7
Is there any significant gaming performance improvement? Assuming we overclock G55 GPU without messing with bios or somehting?

adham_dehe wrote:
Is there any significant gaming performance improvement? Assuming we overclock G55 GPU without messing with bios or somehting?

Yup 660M overclocked to 1085mhz core, 3000mhz mem... definitely significant improvement in gaming performance. No need to mess with Vbios or anything, just use MSI Afterburner or Asus GPU Tweak. CPU overclock may not make that much of a difference, but also in that case no messing with bios, just make sure you increase the FSB very, very slowly. 100mhz to 103mhz I get crashes, 102mhz not too bad so far.

malyousef
Level 7
any other tools to modify bios for cpu unlocking?

thank you