Banned Array

Maximus V series - no more Rog Connect via Bluetooth or I'm missing something?

hey, just recently started playing with Rog Connect protocol using a remote laptop, it works great, and actually I am impressed how well it runs and I love the remote hardware monitoring on another device

just noticed that in android market there is RC Bluetooth app, but it doesn't work with MVE Bluetooth/WiFi adapter (can't ever connect). is that app for Maximus V series or rather for former Maximus IV (which for sure had that option)?

like this:
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...luetooth-guide

am I correct in assuming that since my board doesn't have a button with Bluetooth logo on the back which would light up blue when active (only the green RC button for USB wire connection) then the RC Bluetooth app won't work, right?

... or I'm missing something? would be cool to see motherboard sensors (temps and volts) on the smartphone while benchmarking or gaming. but remote laptop can do, I guess.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

Banned Array

thanks for the link Sukara, but it is about former series of boards in 2010.
    besides, as I mentioned, I have android, so no ROG iDirect for iTunes app here, just RC Bluetooth in Google Play

... anyways, is it even supposed to work at all with Maximus V series (over bluetooth I mean)? there's no mention of bluetooth/wifi mode for ROG Connect in manual, just the wired ROG Connect using the USB-USB connection.
    Last edited by feniks; 02-20-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Banned Array

so ... I guess there is no ROG Connect over BlueTooth for Maximus V Extreme ... LOL