cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with AsMedia USB 3.0 controller - Maximus V Formula

5150_Joker
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I just recently got back into desktops after several years and chose Asus as the brand since i'd been using Asus boards prior to that for years. Well to cut to the chase, everything works fine more or less except the front panel USB on my Vengeance c70 case. It's connected to the USB 3 header on the motherboard and whenever I check device manager, I see an error with the USB Root Hub that is related to the AsMedia controller.

Basically if I attach any USB device to it, it will not read it but it does power it. The same port works fine if I'm in the bios, it just happens as soon as I enter Windows, the device disconnects and is never detected again.

I've tried the following so far:

1. Downloading AsMedia Windows 8 USB 3.0 driver from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm
2. Updated mainboard bios to the latest one (1604)
3. Uninstall AsMedia controller + drivers and reinstall
4. Set bios to optimized settings

I am completely stumped and am wondering if this is a driver issue or a hardware problem? The following is my system configuration:

CPU: Intel 3770K
GPU: Evga 680 SC
Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 2133 MHz
SSD: Samsung 500 GB 840 Series
Monitor: Achieva Shimian 27" S-IPS
PSU: Corsair HX 850

Any ideas on what I can do to resolve this? I hope the motherboard doesn't require an RMA.
1 REPLY 1

5150_Joker
Level 7
Ditched Windows 8 and went back to Windows 7 with a fresh install and the world is right again with everything working like it should.