ROG Member Array

G72GX_RBBX05 Best Buy edition memory question

I am curious as to whether i can go up to 8-12gigs on this laptop or am i stuck with 6gigs, also if i am stuck with 6 gigs has anyone found out if i can get 1033-1666mhz ram for this sucker? preferablly 1033, but idk might just be better to stick to stock ram then aye?

New ROGer Array

DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM for memory spec, i suggest you follow it.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lu@ASUS View Post
    DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM for memory spec, i suggest you follow it.
    Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but does this also apply to the G71G series? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lu@ASUS View Post
    dude was just a question no need to be so rude.. i was wondering if maybe they say that but the board will actually support more, with updated bios and all that just made me curious. guess i will try it and see but thanks for the response.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mastersson View Post
    Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but does this also apply to the G71G series? Thanks.
    i guess so seeing how the same info is on asus's site...

Main Memory
    DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM
    *Due to the 32-bit operation system's limitation, only 3GB will show up with a 4GB memory. The 64-bit operating system will not have this issue. For more information, please check Microsoft's support site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946003
    Intel® Turbo Memory Technology with 2GB NANDFlash(optional)