cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G72GX_RBBX05 Best Buy edition memory question

warmunkey
Level 7
I am curious as to whether i can go up to 8-12gigs on this laptop or am i stuck with 6gigs, also if i am stuck with 6 gigs has anyone found out if i can get 1033-1666mhz ram for this sucker? preferablly 1033, but idk might just be better to stick to stock ram then aye?
5 REPLIES 5

Pitcher1
Level 9
DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM for memory spec, i suggest you follow it.

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:
DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM for memory spec, i suggest you follow it.

Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but does this also apply to the G71G series? Thanks.

mastersson wrote:
Sorry to gatecrash this thread, but does this also apply to the G71G series? Thanks.

i guess so seeing how the same info is on asus's site...

Main Memory
DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM
*Due to the 32-bit operation system's limitation, only 3GB will show up with a 4GB memory. The 64-bit operating system will not have this issue. For more information, please check Microsoft's support site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946003
Intel® Turbo Memory Technology with 2GB NANDFlash(optional)

mastersson wrote:

i guess so seeing how the same info is on asus's site...

Main Memory
DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM, 3 x SODIMM socket for expansion up to 6144MB SDRAM
*Due to the 32-bit operation system's limitation, only 3GB will show up with a 4GB memory. The 64-bit operating system will not have this issue. For more information, please check Microsoft's support site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946003
Intel® Turbo Memory Technology with 2GB NANDFlash(optional)

Mike_Lu@ASUS wrote:

dude was just a question no need to be so rude.. i was wondering if maybe they say that but the board will actually support more, with updated bios and all that just made me curious. guess i will try it and see but thanks for the response.