Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array rog-classified's Avatar

last post photo is not that clear. ill upload a nother one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sli.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	18604
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings ...

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

Yeap, that's the correct SLI setting!

Those temps you posted are idle or during load?

While you're on air-cooling you will see that kind of temp difference between the two cards... they will get closer with water-cooling...

In idle. Not in lord. Yes it will or better be lol. Going to try a game and see how hot it will go. hope it wont fry my gpu before i do water cool tomorrow.

For idle on air-cooling, specially if you got higher ambient temps - then it's OK... you won't fry them, they will just downclock if the temps are getting too high...

Be extra careful with the waterloop! Do a proper leak-testing before you would power on... also, save the components you're taking off the graphics cards when you're mounting the waterblocks on them...

Good luck!

I just open the EK GTX 680 direct cu2 Nickel Acetal water block. Damn its too heavy. Don't know my Mobo or card can handle that without a back plait. But ill come up with something. Let you know tomorrow.

hey guys. Do i have to put some thermal past before i stick the thermal pads on VRMs . In youtube i sow some guy put very little amount of thermal past on the VRMs before sticking the thermal pads, it was a gigabyte gtx 680 card. this is the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44VCOObN41k
    thanks.

If you have some non-conductive one, like the MX2 or the Gelid Extreme, then yes, you can put some on the VRMs and memory chips too... - I use to put both on the chips and then again on the thermal pad too...

Just a very little amount, and if you don't have non-conductive TIM, don't even worry about it!

I bought a mx4 one, is it non-conductive? have to check. in chips too? thankx man.

Yeah, MX4 should be OK too... EK is suggesting it too...

Yes, you can put on the memory chips too - but, again, just a small amount! That guy in the video was using excessive amount on the VRMs...

If it happens to get it between the VRMs and/or memory chips, on other components, clean it very well - it's non-conductive, but you don't know how it will behave after a certain time (mixing with dust, absorbing some moisture from the air)...

If you never done something like that, I would say to use TIM only on the GPU for now... it will work OK and you can come back any time to add the TIM on those places (maybe once when you're doing maintenance)

Hi frienda. i Did build it yesterday . It took me 10 hours to finish. Finally its don and i put some photos in case pic forum. here is the link and thank you so much for help. if eany thing i did ring let me know please...
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-top-two-cards.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4