cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus gtx 680 dc top SLI water cooling, need help!!!!!

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi bros:). This is my situation, I build a rig and use it for 4 month now. I'm using Asus MVE mobo and Asus GTX 680 DC2 Top card, As DC2 Top card is a 3 slot card i got trouble doing sli it with a another DC2 Top. I try to sell my card in order to get a GTX 690, Bah no luck with that. After long month of waiting i decided go water cool as it was my only option. I order two EK GTX 680 DC2 water blocks, i hope i can have those next week. i bought other staff from a store near by and waiting for the water block to deliver. this is my real first time water cooling build. and in this case I'm a noob:o and need help. I`m not planing to custom water cool my CPU because I'm using corsair h100i hydro series to cool my CPU. i bought some staff i want you guys to give me some advice on this. How do i have to connect ? pump to radiator to water block or pump to water block and then to radiator? Some YouTube videos make me confuse. I did not order EK back plaits for the VGA card. Is it really necessary to buy back plaits?:confused: can i use the original back plait that comes with DC2 Top card? I`ll add some photos of what i bought and may be you guys give me some idea. Thanks..
It ain't over till the fat lady sings :cool:...
40 REPLIES 40

Zka17
Level 16
As I can see on the pics, you're getting CSQ waterblock for the cards... you will need an another piece, the water bridge between the two cards... - be aware that the CSQ and non-CSQ waterbridges are not the same/compatible! I which slots on the MVE do you plan to have the cards?

Mounting the waterblocks on the cards is pretty straightforward... I have four of those cards and waterblocks 🙂 - only thing I would mention here is that according to the EK's guide you will need to use some plastic washers... be aware that when you're taking off the original cooler from the cards, there already are some sticky washers... I just removed those and used the EK washers which came with the block... Also, be careful how you're cutting the thermal pads for the VRAM, as there is no extra...

You won't be able to use the original backplates... unless you will do some modifications to them... - I would strongly advise to use the EK's backplates as they're easy to mount and they're giving extra strength to the cards... the waterblock is pretty heavy and will distort the PCB in a regular case...

Also, a single 3x120mm rad may not be enough for 2xGTX680s... but that depends on how high you want to OC them...

Regarding the loop order, the best is to have res-pump-rad-block-res, the pump has to be always below the rad level - never turn on the pump while is no coolant in the loop!!!

kkn
Level 14
in and out on the res to be on the bottom, and use top side to fill it, i would want to get a T ( splitter ) so you could make a drain port.
that way its easyer to drain the loop.
to split up you can use one like this -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10382/ex-tub-622/Bitspower_G14_Matte_Black_T_Adapter_BP-MBTMB.html...
to seal you can use these one -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14600/ex-tub-1039/Enzotech_G14_Barb_Stop_Fitting_w_Cap_-_38_ID_-_M...
is that reservoad made for laying down? or standing?

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi guys. thanks for long and good advice. I`m planing to mount in PCIE 1( x16\x8 native) and PCIE 2B (x8 native) first slot and the 3rd one from top. Now im facing a problem. How can i get a SLI water bridge for that log? i search everywhere and find this
http://www.amazon.com/EK-Bridge-Triple-Parallel-Connection/dp/B008LZON0O.
not sure it fit with 3 slot installation. can i use tubes to connect? i know its gonna be ugly :(.
if i use another blackice radiator can my pump handle that or i have to use a another pump.
i didnt order black plaits:( if i order now have to pay another 51usd for shipping, my case is cosmos 2, can it handle a card with out backplait.
my res has 3 slots on the bottom side. i think i can use one for looping. and it can mount side and stand but i like to make it stand and think its easy to fill.
i REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF FANS TO USE. hoping to use 6 of them both side of rad.
thank you for help:)

kkn
Level 14
fans: low amp, high static preshure ( not have to be rpm )
yes you can do tubing between the cards if you want too, just be careful so the tubes are not too long or too short.
are you gona use some sort of fan controller or the onboard fan controll?
if fan controller, if you can afford it there are a few ones that have lcd touchs panels that you can controll, some have temp probes you can stick here and there and some dont.
look around and see what you find, dont have to cost mutch monney, NZXT have a few that cost's around 30-50usd ( just an example ).
i dont have enny experience whit PWM fans, but i have fans that starts on a low V ( 3.3V ( start ) and up to 13.3V ( max speed ) ) rpm from 400~ to 1900 at full.

Koverhar
Level 7
You don't really need a bridge between the gpus. Yes it does help but if you got strong enough of a pump you can do without. However I really think you should get your cpu watercooled with the same loop aswell. This way you could go dual rad on the same loop.

Im using 2xgtx 680 asus dc2 top sli myself with the following parts for cooling. You don't need 3 rads but you really do want 2.

Ek rad XTX 360
Ek rad XT 360
Ek rad XTC 240
2xlaing vario pumps
2xEK gpu fullcover blocks+backplate
CPU waterblock
250mm reservoir.

Zka17
Level 16
You need these two items for the water bridge:
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-connection-parts/ek-fc-bridge-triple-parallel-z77-csq....
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-connection-parts/ek-fc-link-blank-parallel-csq.html

The one you choose and linked is not CSQ, so won't be compatible with the blocks you linked in the first post...

about the fans. wich one i should buy Gentle Typhoon 120 mm - Scythe or Noctua NF-12. ?
any idea?

about the fans. wich one i should buy Gentle Typhoon 120 mm - Scythe or Noctua NF-12. ?
any idea?

rog-classified
Level 9
I`m thinking that can i link my h100i LQS to my custom build:confused:. of cause i have to cut open the pipes of H100i and joint them with custom water cooling build, if i can do that i have 2 radiators and 2 pumps(one rad and pump from h100i) that may help to cool my rig even more. I don't need to buy the CPU water block because i can use h100i water block as well. do you guys heard anyone did this kind of thing? can it possible to do that. i bought 1/2 inch pipes and fittings to custom build. wander what is the size of corsair h100i?