Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array rog-classified's Avatar

ok. both cards are here . just waiting for the waterblocks. can i use 2 different pumps ? I cant find the same pump i bought. if im using 2 pumps how i set them up? first pump to first rediator to second pump to second radiator to waterbloks to res? can i use 3 way sli bridge to connect 2 cards( black bridge came with MVE).
    Do i have to buy another physx card for this setup? i sow someone say its batter to have a physx card. if i need what physx card you recommend?
    It ain't over till the fat lady sings ...

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

I think, the best setup with multiple pumps is in serial (one after another), that way if one fails, the other will still move the coolant... - wherever you're setting them up, just be sure that they're under the reservoir... when you're filling your loop, before you would start your pumps, make sure that they have coolant in them... do not run the pumps without the coolant!

Yes, you can use the 3-way SLI bridge to connect two cards...

Regarding the dedicated PhysX card, you perhaps won't need it... unless you're doing some very PhysX demanding applications...

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    I think, the best setup with multiple pumps is in serial (one after another), that way if one fails, the other will still move the coolant... - wherever you're setting them up, just be sure that they're under the reservoir... when you're filling your loop, before you would start your pumps, make sure that they have coolant in them... do not run the pumps without the coolant!

Yes, you can use the 3-way SLI bridge to connect two cards...

Regarding the dedicated PhysX card, you perhaps won't need it... unless you're doing some very PhysX demanding applications...
    thanks zka, i have found the same pump as the first one DP1200, its 800L\hour pump. when i call the guy in the shop to ask another black ice rad and a pump he tall me that the pump can handle 2 red and to vga card water blocks. he told me if i use 2 pumps it may case leaking. is it true? 2 times 800L/hour pumps are too much for the water cooling rig? As you say "multiple pumps is in serial (one after another)" is that how i have to set two pumps. receiver to first pump to second pump to first radiator to the second radiator to water blocks to receiver ? sorry for asking this again. i need to be certain before i mount those things. ill add a photo of the pump specs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0825.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	18350
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_0825.jpg  

Not familiar with that DP1200 pump... the 800 liter/hour thing doesn't say all about it - what's the max pressure it can do?

I'm using the Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed pumps, which at max throttle can push 1200 liter/hour at 50 PSI (3.5 BAR)... I'm always doing the leak-testing at their max, never had problems even with two of them in serial (at least, not pump/pressure-related problems - occasionally I had a loose fitting or something)... but when I'm running my system, actually I'm using lower speed/pressure... - for me a low coolant flow work way better than the fast one...

The easiest way to set the pumps in serial is to use special pump tops - at least for the Laing D5 pumps... but, again, I'm not familiar with yur pumps... Can you show an image of them?

i think its a 4bar pump ( look at H-max - 4m +/- 10% )
    for that pump you need a controller of some kind, unless there is one that follows it, since the mobo headers only suports up to 1A per header.
    whit that pump you only need one per loop ( my opinion ) and be carefully and be shure your tubings are fastened.
    r-c: the serial pump setup he was thinking of is 2 pumps helping each other out in a pump block like this one -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/96...l=g30c107s1806
    where the 2'nd pump help the 1'st pump pushing water.
    i guess its a setup for high flow whit multi "barriers" ( obsticles ) like- vga ( multiple ) and motherboard and memory.

here is a photo of the pump.. if its not gonna be a problem im going to mount this in serial. thanks guys for help. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	664.4 KB 
ID:	18353

Yeah, you will need some creativity to connect those pumps in serial... but it's certainly doable!

A good advise while you're building your water-loop: try to have as short tubing as you can...

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Yeah, you will need some creativity to connect those pumps in serial... but it's certainly doable!

A good advise while you're building your water-loop: try to have as short tubing as you can...
    I wish i can. But there are no space inside my case for 2 radiators. Because H100i radiator is occupied top of my case. Then i have to put radiators out side, I`m planing to built it back of my case, Pumps radiators and receiver out side of the case. Only the tubes come in for cool vga cards. Hope it works. Can i mount a pump up side down or to a side. Bottom side to left or right side- this way is easy to connect the 2 pumps because my pump out put is going toward up.
    Another thing about power. I have MVE with 3770k overclock to 4.6ghz, 3 HDDs (one 10000rpm 1tb and 1Tb + 1.5TBb.) I have 3 SSD(256+128+80), 2 gtx 680 overclock cards, One xonar phibus,32 gb 2400hz ram, 3 water pumps ( include H100i Pump) 18 fans, Led and uv lights,Fan controllers (2) , Lot of power consuming hardware like Razer tiamat 7.1, Astro A50, Razer mamba, Nestromo, Anansi, Scorpion-z mouse, Blue ray and dvd burners, 2x 1tb usb 3.0 WD passports..
    My power supply is thermaltake toughpower xt gold 1475w gold ( full load 1575W), Do you think it can handle the power requirements of my rig? Do i have to have separate power supply to my water cooling system
    Thanks for help again friends. we really appreciate the time you spend on helping other people. Hats off .

id say no you dont have to buy a new PSU, a hdd and ssd and things like that dont pull mutch power, what pulls power is the CPU, mobo, GPU and soundcard.
    as the pump cover says, it pulls 18W per pump and what the fans gona pull i dont know?
    you "could" mount the rad on the nackside of the exhaust ( would be a tight squeeze to reach the cables back there ) whit a spacer.
    or if your handy you could make a box to mount the rads and pump and all the equipment in it, and have quick disconnect's between the case and pc if your gona move it for example.
    you can look over this page and see if you get enny idea? -> http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/...nts-Page1.html
    i had an external rad/pump/res combo from aquacomputer on my other system ( similar to this but i have a 240 one ) -> http://www.frozencpu.com/products/15...ng_System.html

Thanks kkn. i alrdy bought a woodn box to put back of my pc. it might help for noise and easy maintain. also think about to have a quick disconnect Couplings. Is it ok to have a quick disconnect coupling? looks like bit narrow in side. Is it make water flow slower ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast