cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I erase OC Profiles in UEFI ?

nikosa43
Level 12
Hi guys. I use a lot the OC Profiles in UEFI.
I like to switch between different clocks I have tested, mostly offset mode clocks under 46 multi and manual mode clocks over 46.
The question is how can I reset to default all the Profiles?
If I remember correctly, when I flashed from revision 1308 to 1409, I lost all my profiles. That's why from that moment I always have a mini USB stick to the ROG port and save my profiles also.
The same thing didn't happen when I flashed from 1409 to 1604. After that, I noticed that my stored profiles were still there.
At that moment I didnt pay too much attention.
And here comes the second question.
Is it possible the second flash to 1604 not have been done in a complete way, but something in between, (let's say an incomplete update)?
From what I know until now the flash procedure of an EEPROM has two stages, first is erase and second write the new values.
How is possible to identify that I have successfully updated the new firmware and in that case the profiles have to survive or not? (My logic says NO, because that's settings from an old revision and it's not good to mix with the new one).
Any good ideas and answers will be welcome.
BTW, all revisions flashed through UEFI, with EZ flash utility and memory stick.
12 REPLIES 12

RazorCat
Level 10
good day, you cant erase OC profiles until you do a bios update... 😄
R7-3700X | ROG STRIX B550-F WIFI | Noctua NH-D15s | 2x16Gb TUF VULCAN 3600Mhz | 4 X 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 2TB Caviar Green | Palit GTX 1070Ti | SEASONIC 850W FOCUS GOLD | NZXT Phantom White | ASUS VG278QR-J / ASUS VX239H

SUKARA
Level 10
OC profile can't be to del by youself,maybe you can help to re-flash motherboard bios by ez-flash tool then reset the UEFI bios

Asus should consider enhancing the BIOS to allow "deleting" of OC profiles. In the past I've also filled up the profiles during testing / OC'ing and would be good if you can easily get rid of the specific ones you don't want anymore.

SUKARA@ASUS wrote:
OC profile can't be to del by youself,maybe you can help to re-flash motherboard bios by ez-flash tool then reset the UEFI bios

That is totally incorrect.

Simply go into bios set F5 to restore defaults to your system. And then write over each saved profile.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

nikosa43
Level 12
Thank you guys for your answers. That clears things a lot. Also confirms that to my latest Firmware update something went wrong, because the old profiles didn't erased. Now, the way I see it, is to go for BIOS flashback or wait for the new one that hopefully resolves the problem with the locked multipliers.I don't know how difficult could be, from engineering point of view, but I have to agree with AusROG. It would be useful to have a tool to erase them manually and also, I would like to see firmware updates leave fan profiles untouched and not reverse them to default.Maybe Mr Sukara ASUS representative, can help to those, by bringing this under consideration, to whoever is responsible to get such a desicion.Again, thank you all, for your replies.

nikosa43
Level 12
Hi HiVizMan, always nice to hear from you.

By that, you mean to overwrite each and every OC profile with the default values. I'll try that to see if I can store a blanc Label to all of these.
Also, I hope the new BIOS will be released soon. I volunteer to be a ...guinea pig 🙂

Chino
Level 15
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned removing the CMOS battery for a while and putting it back in place. 😉

nikosa43
Level 12
Hi Chino, you mean that with clearing CMOS erase everything, including OC profilest? Because if you are right, makes me wonder what is this button on the back panel? Until now, only once I cleared CMOS removing the battery on an early stage facing error code 55. At that time I haven't any profiles stored, so I didn't know if these was erased or not. Any other time I needed to do it, I did it with the button on the back panel, because I was lazy to remove graphics. This had definetely cleared CMOS but not the profiles. So I have to test the battery method and if the profiles gone, can anyone tell me what this button do?

Chino
Level 15