cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyrim optimized P! help me!

Massimpulse
Level 7
I have about 900 US to spend! i inly play skyrim and minecraft. but im pretty hardcore when it comes to skyrim! I just need build advice for a Desktop that can play skyrim on as high fps as possible for this price 😄 thanks in advance 😄
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card
Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case
TOTAL: $894.92

Greetings -- I just joined today!
Skyrim is THE best looking PC game ever made if you upgrade the textures. I play it - heavily modded- more than anything else. I have good news for you. The most important thing you need to have is a good Graphics card . Before upgrading to my 680 card I was playing maxed out, and with AS and AA forced on in the Nvidia control panel at 16XQ, with zero lag even in combat. This was on an Overclocked Gigabyet GTX 470 Super Overclock board on a 6 year old EVGA board with an Intel Core 2 Duo (overclocked), 4 gigs of ram (and 4 gigs ready boost) and a 1000 watt PSU. That proves that the Graphics processor and its memory are your primary considerations.
Go to some computer magazine sites and search for their budget PC builds. Maximum PC has a few good recommendations for entire builds within your price range. I also advise you to have a good PSU with about 700 watts - more than is typically recommended with lots of power on the 12 volt rails. I also advise you to scrape together some more cash; take a few more weeks, it will be worth it.
Get right with God, One day you are going to meet Him.

Asus Rampage 4 Formula, Intel i7 3820 - OC, 16 Gigs GSkill Z 1866 8-9-9-24, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 680 OC, 128 gig 840 Pro SSD, 1 Tb WD R3 (X2), Zalman LQ 320 closed loop cooler, Kingwin 1000W PSU, Lite-on Blue Ray Writer

digitard
Level 7
I still think the i5 2500K is one of the best "bang for your buck" chips on budget builds. With nothing but minor tweaks (and a Corsair H60 cooler) I have mine running at just shy of 5ghz stable.

digitard wrote:
I still think the i5 2500K is one of the best "bang for your buck" chips on budget builds. With nothing but minor tweaks (and a Corsair H60 cooler) I have mine running at just shy of 5ghz stable.

Does that cut life out of that CPU OC'ing it like that?

m3ga008 wrote:
Does that cut life out of that CPU OC'ing it like that?

It definitely can. As long as you minimize heat, and don't spike voltage, you should for the most part be okay.

With the H60 running, and the fact my house is all tile/wood so the floors are cool, it runs in the summer about 39-41c and 29-34 in the winter. If I did some actual cable cleanup, and really configured the case fans to be a perfect push/pull setup it would probably run a little better. As is, though, in it's generic configuration it's never gone over 59c even completely loaded.

WeRNothiNg
Level 10
You can see my specs in my signature. I have my cpu running at 4.6GHz. I am having some serious lag problems on Skyrim. I have found a fix, buit I am not happy with it. Every=where I have read people are saying it is the game, and people with GTX690s are having the same problem as me. Even bethesda said it is the game and that they are not focusing on pc players. I am having to run AF completely off, AA on 8x CSAA, and medium detail with reduced light and specularity distance. I should be able to play this on some fairly high settings, but i cannot. I have it where it looks fairly good, but only console-ish. The way I have it now runs at 55-60 fps, if I increase anything more the fps starts dropping below 20 at times. Any ideas?

I've done some more playing and now have it up to 170fps and runs smooth for the most part, but still has moments of lag especially in towns. Very frustrating.
**i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz~ Cooler Master V8 ~ Asus Maximus V Formula ~ G Skill Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3-1600 ~ Thermaltake Black Widow 850W 80+ Bronze ~ Kingston HyperX 3K 120G SSD ~ 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB
~ WD 500GB ~ 2x ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti TOP 2GB ~ Philips 1080p 39"**

[IMG][/IMG]