cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing My New Build C5FZ/8350

MarcNJ
Level 7
I start out with the simple Hello to all as I am new here.
Currently Built and adding on too...
AeroCool Strike X Air Case.
Crosshair V Formula -Z
AMD 8350
Corsair 1600 8G (for now)
Single loop (CPU only) will have 3 loops in the near future (CPU/Memory, GPU and NB/SB)
Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic 12V DC Pump + Plexi Top + Reservoir 3x (coming soon)
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Single 120mm Radiator 3x (coming soon)
EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel CSQ 1x (coming soon)
Koolance RAM-33 Ram Liquid Block 4x (coming soon)

The pic posted is just the start of getting the cooling loops done, once i have all the parts per loop i will ill set them up and post some shots. the pump in the back right will be moved to the left as i will be doing the GPU next with push/pull.

I welcome any comments and knowledge you may feel is necessary to share. perhaps tell me 2 loops will be fine?? lol still not sure as the NB temps get pretty high while gaming... 150*F+, anyway looking forward to talking to everyone.

Marc
C5FZ - AMD 8350
AeroCool Strike-X AIR Gaming Open Case
Alphacool DC-LT Ceramic 12V DC Pump + Plexi Top + Reservoir 1 of 3 installed
OC info: none yet... need to finish loops first 😉
9 REPLIES 9

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG Forums Marc!!

I'd wondered if i'd ever see someone with a setup using the Strike-X Air Case...and it's great to see it with an AMD setup! 😄

About the loops, I dunno if it'd even be possible to jam one in there let alone 3, it looks really tight in there...but i'm sure someone will come along and tell me i'm wrong lol 😛

MarcNJ
Level 7
thanks, i cant wait to complete it, ill be posting shots along the way for everyone. here is a shot opened up befor the new fans came in and the new pump plenty of room, will be mixing tubing and crystal with red fluid maybe UV. still using the H60 cooler... soon to go.
C5FZ - AMD 8350

Chino
Level 15
That's a nice test bench you have there, MarcNJ. 😉 Do you bench a lot? We have our own benching team if you're interested. 😉

I just ordered the rest of the parts for the second loop (GPU) only, should be here for the weekend build time 😄
EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Nickel CSQ
Black Ice GTX Xtreme 120 Radiator - Black
Mayhems X1 Coolant Concentrate - 250mL - UV Blue

I would like to hear about this team??? after I complete this build she will be OC'ing, how fast... not to sure... every chip and part is different, but we'll see.
C5FZ - AMD 8350

kepoyoh
Level 7
it's cool ..
I saw it yesterday at a computer exhibition in my city 😮

Well I finally got the last of the parts today, installed them and filled the loop. I am very impressed with this little setup! my video card no idles at 26*C / and 34-37*C loaded. while playing games it would hit around 47-56*C ... ill run sandra and post later. enjoy the shots. i added a little bling to her as well. i also laser shot the MB name 😉 it looks awesome!!!! I also put a black plate under the X logo and added some lights. made a cover for the fan controller due to the shape of the 5.25 bay you were able to see the wires, i used black cardboard in the other shots.. 😉 . The next set of parts will be ordered next week or so and will be for the CPU, perhaps red? when i get the little 4" UV CCL's ill up date with a night shot.
C5FZ - AMD 8350

Blu3
Level 7
Sweet case, and setup 😄
Project Name: Blood and Thunder

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8-Core

RAM: 24GB DDR3

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB GDDR5

MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z, Socket-AM3+

PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W PSU

Case: NZXT Phantom Red/White

I moved some of the LED's to light up the water block, I actually saw these at the auto parts store for the dash board and they fit right under the block and fit rather nice against the PCI slot. I also added the Spot light for the ROG logo which is the second light from the plug i ordered from FrozenCPU, i cut a small piece of black tape and wrapped it around and it hides very nice. i am working on finding a better spot for the laser 😉 my next step ... if i stop playing with the bling lights...lol, will be to add the CPU/Mem cooling loop, i like the stock Corsair but ... after seeing the effect on the GPU loop i feel it will out perform it by several degrees. i think it has a lot to do the 120 Black Ice Rad. in push/pull.

Off topic but has anyone here use pelitiers in their setups? i am not looking to super cool but to pre cool to the Rad. and let the fans run slower and looking at the psychometric charts i feel it is possible. my goal is to keep the CPU/GPU temps around 20*C at all times, some controllers seem to be able to do PID loops but i might use an old Keyence PLC i have.
...based on loop output temps. and CPU/GPU temps. along with ambient temp./ humidity, plot a curve to cycle the pelitier on time... i welcome any and all thoughts. ( while typing this the GPU is at 25*C /under load i hit around 34*C playing WoW or Starwars) ... but games aside, i will be OC'ing her when i am done 😉

again thanks for your comments. enjoy the new shot.
btw, sorry for the blurry pic. i used my phone for these.
C5FZ - AMD 8350

well i had some lag time from my pumps... customs issues...lol anyway i finally got a chance to get caught up.
The machine is humming away again all 3 loops.
future adds:
slush box with temperature control after i do some house keeping on the wires.
i found a better laser.
2 more 660 cards.

Enjoy and Play On!
C5FZ - AMD 8350