Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Smile Settings for Phoebus + Tiamat 7.1 +BF3

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to share their settings for a Phoebus Card + Tiamat 7.1 + BF3.

There are an aweful lots of settings to configure:

The Phoebus card itself
    Windows Sound Settings
    Tiamat 7.1 settings (if any?)
    Settings within BF3...

Looking forward to getting my Phoebus and Tiamat 7.1. Hopefully the true surround sound will improve upon my Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Thanks,

loiphin.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by loiphin View Post
    Hi there,

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to share their settings for a Phoebus Card + Tiamat 7.1 + BF3.

There are an aweful lots of settings to configure:

The Phoebus card itself
    Windows Sound Settings
    Tiamat 7.1 settings (if any?)
    Settings within BF3...

Looking forward to getting my Phoebus and Tiamat 7.1. Hopefully the true surround sound will improve upon my Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Thanks,

loiphin.
    Set windows sound to 7.1. In Phoebus,set speakers to 7.1,then go to the Dolby PCEE page,click on "game",enable Intelligent EQ and then set it to "enhance all frequencies". Nothing more. Don't enable GX. It's there for older games with EAX. You should now be good to go. If you hear a buzz in the Tiamats,use another USB for power to the headphones. In BF 3,I have the audio set to Hi Fi. Good luck!
    Last edited by slik; 09-03-2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: add info

ROG Enthusiast Array

I turn side and rear louder. Just high enhance in EQ and wartapes ingame.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Here are my settings:

BF3 set to Home cinema
    Windows set to 7.1
    Phoebus flex bass on (crossover @ 80hz)
    Dolby PCEE off

These settings work best for me but I could never get the side speakers of the Tiamat to work in BF3. I know that the side speakers work because they work in windows sound test and also a few other games. I also have the front and center speaker volume turned a little lower than the rears since the front/center have bigger drivers.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by slik View Post
    ,then go to the Dolby PCEE page,click on "game",enable Intelligent EQ and then set it to "enhance all frequencies"
    Where do I find this page, I can't seem to find it?

ROG Member Array

Set windows sound to 7.1. In Phoebus,set speakers to 7.1,then go to the Dolby PCEE page,click on "game",enable Intelligent EQ and then set it to "enhance all frequencies". Nothing more. Don't enable GX. It's there for older games with EAX. You should now be good to go. If you hear a buzz in the Tiamats,use another USB for power to the headphones. In BF 3,I have the audio set to Hi Fi. Good luck!
    Thanks Slik Will try it out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ruffnut View Post
    Where do I find this page, I can't seem to find it?
    Right click the speaker icon. It's at the bottom of the list.

New ROGer Array

Right click the speaker icon. It's at the bottom of the list.
    Cool, wasn't installed. Just installed it and can find it now.
    Last edited by ruffnut; 09-04-2012 at 02:00 PM.

ROG Member Array

I had a play with my Tiamat 7.1 and Phoebus last night in BF3. Sounds pretty good, amazing bass when firing your assault rifle. But some of the sounds are a bit strange. Sounds a bit tinny and almost as if you are hearing it while sitting in a large pipe. Seems to be jets and heli's as they fly over.

I setup my settings as Slik recommended, but it still doesnt sound quite right.

Any ideas??

loiphin.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by loiphin View Post
    I had a play with my Tiamat 7.1 and Phoebus last night in BF3. Sounds pretty good, amazing bass when firing your assault rifle. But some of the sounds are a bit strange. Sounds a bit tinny and almost as if you are hearing it while sitting in a large pipe. Seems to be jets and heli's as they fly over.

I setup my settings as Slik recommended, but it still doesnt sound quite right.

Any ideas??

loiphin.
    It's a matter of getting the settings where they sound best to you. Turn all enhancements off,see how it sounds,then try all the Game EQ pre-sets til you get it right. It may take you a while,but once you know where you like everything set,there ain't a better sound anywhere. In any game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast