cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

matrix 580's sli performance

ghostreaper98
Level 7
hello there rogers,

wanted to see if anyone out here knows if there are any performance issues with the matrix gtx 580's in sli running surround. I noticed here in the past few days that crisis 3 is running a little ruff on the cards in surround mode. im running three 21.5 inch 1080p fujitsu monitors. I upgraded from 560tis in sli hoping for better performance but so far seems the 580's are having a little issue with that scale of gaming on the three screen. my question is I guess is it due to limited dedicated ram the cards are 1.5gig a piece. im going to run crisis 3 again on a single monitor see if they fair better. if anyone has info on these matrix cards any info would be great. im running them off a new xfx 1250wat black edition psu, on the new 314.7 drivers from NVidia. they just seem a little to choppy for what the cards are suppose to be. thanks upfront for anyone what can help. trying to get these gpus dialed in...
7 REPLIES 7

kkn
Level 14
dont run beta drivers ( just saying )
did you uninstal all the vga drivers when you did change from 560 to 580?
cryis i guess is a ram hog when it comes to surround setup, some one told me C2 did use up to 1.5gig of ram ( if it was on one or 3 screens i dont know )

ghostreaper98
Level 7
hey kkn,

yah i did a total clean install to include windows i changed out my kingston hyperx ssd boot drive for a new samsung 840 ssd. and the drivers are the current ones from nvidia so everythign was a clean install. im guessing it has to be the ram. the 560tis were 2 gigs. guess its time to step up to the 600 series gpus if i want to go big on some surround, lol. would giving them a little overclock help. saw some stuff on line about people taking these cards to 900+ and getting some better results but not sure for surround gaming.

I saw a review and I think it was 3DOC where he ran a pair of Titans in SLI with Crysis 3 Maxxed out and he was only avging around 29FPS. That's a pair of $1000 video cards each. It was beating out a 680 3Way SLi config as well.

If you're looking to get the best surround experience at the best quality as well, I would go minimum pair of Titans in SLi.

ghostreaper98 wrote:
the 560tis were 2 gigs.

are they 2gig? mines are 1gig each.
ive got 2x 560TI top in sli and they are 1gig each.
i know there was a 1.5gig version later of the 560's.

ghostreaper98
Level 7
@kkn yah the evga gtx 560ti's are are 2 gigs there very nice cards no dought I ran pretty much everything on high or maxed and they were on point. @inervated, well going by what your saying not even the titans are pulling that game very well at the surround res so I guess my gtx 580's aren't doing to bad lol. considering two titans in sli are getting less than 30fps that's nutts. thanks for the info guys. ill keep rockin the matrix's there not doing to bad im getting 60+ frames on high and 45 to 48 on veryhigh running crysis.

Keep in mind, Titan is still new, I think it'll vastly improve when newer drivers comes out, especially ones to optimize Crysis 3.

ghostreaper98
Level 7
this is true the titans look beast and the specs look very nice but that price lol, yikes. 1k for one gulp!!! lol but for future proofing sound like the way to go. ill look into those might have to seel my kiddo to get one lol, but it could be worth it, hahahaha.