cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battlefield 3 Phoebus HUGE SOUND BUG

AVtemp
Level 10
Ok, this is not fun anymore.
I`m tired to ask for new driver, still no news from ASUS.
How long do i have to workaround this problem????

This is what i get in Battlefield3 EVERYTIME i start this game or change game server:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0Th8npIJQ&feature=youtu.be
And i have to change samplerate to get it fixed.
And again and again and again if i change game servers.

This is the same problem i have in Battlefield2 Bad Company:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGw-Fn8ejEA

Am i the "luckiest" man in the world?
What is wrong with this card???

Win 7 x64 with all updates 03.2013, i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-V PRO
27 REPLIES 27

cx-ray
Level 12
I play BF3. I have never encountered such a bug with this card in the game or otherwise.
(I use the card for analog stereo, XEAR Surround Headphone, and mic only.)

Is your Phoebus installed in a 1x, 2x, 4x, or full size PCIe slot configured in the BIOS as such? When I just got the card, I've found that it doesn't appear to like being routed that way. It may act erratic. As far as I could tell it prefers a direct PCIe connection with the CPU/Nothbridge. It doesn't seem to like being routed through a PCH/Southbridge.

Have you also ruled out that it's not an OS problem by running the game with the on-board sound?

AVtemp
Level 10
Hi! Phoebus is installed in lowest PCIe 2.0 x16 (x4 mode, black) my mobo is Asus P8Z77-V PRO.
This is the best place for it.
This is not OS problem, because Audigy4 and Emu 0404 works fine.
I also use stereo only, headphones.

If you use Win7 x64, can you check something for me?
1. Please, go to Phoebus UI Profile panel and switch to Hi-Fi mode, be sure that Dolby, Xear and all that stuff is OFF.
2. Now start BF3 multiplayer game.

Killa
Level 7
AVtemp wrote:
Ok, this is not fun anymore.
I`m tired to ask for new driver, still no news from ASUS.
How long do i have to workaround this problem????

This is what i get in Battlefield3 EVERYTIME i start this game or change game server:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie0Th8npIJQ&feature=youtu.be
And i have to change samplerate to get it fixed.
And again and again and again if i change game servers.

This is the same problem i have in Battlefield2 Bad Company:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGw-Fn8ejEA

Am i the "luckiest" man in the world?
What is wrong with this card???

Win 7 x64 with all updates 03.2013, i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-V PRO

Is this a headset? And the problem is, the Front sounds, Footsteps, shooting, and voices are dominating the right headphone?

If so then there is an option you can check on or off, I think its Enhanced Stereo ? I literally forget what its called, its meant to be turned off for Headphones and turned on for 5.1 Speakers.

I accept paypal 🙂

I know this because i went through the same problem and this was the solution.

Killa wrote:
Is this a headset? And the problem is, the Front sounds, Footsteps, shooting, and voices are dominating the right headphone?

If so then there is an option you can check on or off, I think its Enhanced Stereo ? I literally forget what its called, its meant to be turned off for Headphones and turned on for 5.1 Speakers.

I accept paypal 🙂

I know this because i went through the same problem and this was the solution.

Yes, you faced the same problem.
Another happy customer 🙂
You wanted to say that virtualisation can help to solve it, but this is not a good solution.
It`s not right when we have to search for solutions of ASUS bugs.
I`m trying to figure out what cause this bug.
Your OS is Win7 x64, isn`t it?

AVtemp wrote:
Yes, you faced the same problem.
Another happy customer 🙂
You wanted to say that virtualisation can help to solve it, but this is not a good solution.
It`s not right when we have to search for solutions of ASUS bugs.
I`m trying to figure out what cause this bug.
Your OS is Win7 x64, isn`t it?

I have windows 8 64 Bit. I personally think it has to deal with the software and how it interprets the signal that Battlefield 3 sends for the sound.

Killa wrote:
I have windows 8 64 Bit. I personally think it has to deal with the software and how it interprets the signal that Battlefield 3 sends for the sound.

I believe they have problem with "Phoebus_x64.exe"(Phoebus UI).
Maybe 32bit version is not affected?
Something is wrong in how Phoebus handles soundstream from Frostbite (Battlefield BC2) and Frostbite 2.0 (BF3) engines.
And i dont want to face the same problem with Battlefield 4 in 2014.

ozzydog153
Level 7
didnt have any sound issues in bf3 until the new end game expansion. get wierd digital static sounds everytime the flag is captured and sometimes the tank engine goes quiet even though it is still running

ozzydog153 wrote:
didnt have any sound issues in bf3 until the new end game expansion. get wierd digital static sounds everytime the flag is captured and sometimes the tank engine goes quiet even though it is still running

i had that too ( non phoebus user ) i use optics out from I/O shiled, it happened a couple of times but have not occured after the first 3 days after release ( for premium )
just harrass the BF3 forum about the sound issue, or search and see if others have the same problem.

cx-ray
Level 12
If it's set to 1, you could try changing GstAudio.AudioQuality to 3 or 4 in the BF3 PROF_SAVE_profile configuration file. It's in [user name]\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings.

There's also a parameter in the same file called GstAudio.SoundSystemSize. I'm not sure whether it works as people says it does, but it's commonly recommended to set it to match your speaker setting, i.e., 20 for stereo, 51 for 5.1, and 71 for 7.1 sound.

To summarize:
GstAudio.AudioQuality 3 or 4
GstAudio.SoundSystemSize 20, 51, or 71

I have the above set to 4 and 71 respectively and don't experience any problems with the game. It may fix your sound, but I can't guarantee it.

Use Notepad++ or something similar to edit the file. The regular Windows Notepad risks screwing up the file with line breaks and wrapping.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/