New ROGer Array

ASUS G75VW-DH73-3D - gloss or matte screen?

I've owned the G75VW-DH73-3D for a week now and notice it has a good bit of glare on the screen. Purchased from B&H Photo and specs stated screen finish as 'anti-glare'. A co-worker has the non-3D version which has a very matte finish. Has the gloss screen always been standard on this model? My last computer, Alienware M11X had a super reflective screen, so a matte/anti-glare screen was one of my main reasons for picking this laptop over other brands. Other than the glare, the screen is amazing...just disappointed that I feel like I did my research and still ended up with a shiny screen.
    Last edited by digitaljackson; 03-14-2013 at 01:54 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I have the same make and model of laptop with shiny screen. I am not disappointed being that all high end model laptop's will come with a high end display. As far as the screen is concerned i think it may be a samsung display panel after reviewing and upgrading to latest bios.

New ROGer Array

i think all of 'anti-glare' with 3D version and without 3D version.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Lu@ASUS View Post
    i think all of 'anti-glare' with 3D version and without 3D version.
    Sorry, not sure I understand. Are you saying both the 3D and non-3D version have anti-glare screens? If so, can a screen be shiny/glossy and still be classified as 'anti-glare'? There is a very noticeable difference between my 3D screen and my co-workers non-3D screen. He could take his computer outside and it would still be usable...mine is too reflective to use outside.