Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ASUS doesn't offer refunds or replacements ever, that's why support keeps telling me when I ask.

I've had 5 RMAs and last time they gave me back a laptop that won't boot and probably has a broken mobo...

ROG Enthusiast Array

God I miss when ASUS support didn't ****ing suck.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Neither of those commands helped, I've tried a livecd; ive tried safemode and I've ran the realtek diagnostic program (every test including MAC loopback failed except for 'register') its once again a case of screwed up hardware.
    Understood. I find it rather peculiar that ethernet died more than once in a row.. Since this isn't a software issue, I'm willing to bet there's current leaking through your cable from a switch, router or whatever. Ethernet dying like this is rare on its own. Twice means something is causing damage and that's usually unwanted current. Ethernet is susceptible to that (That's why there are UPS and surge protectors with ethernet plugs).
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Super Moderator Array

Hi Gorman,

fyi.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you are located in the U.S. and warranty policy can vary from country to country, etc., so if Mirage is located in the U.S., they may find the ASUS warranty policy can be slightly different.
    I'm not sure if the U.S. support line will say the same things, but it still may not hurt to start asking about other options when the current procedures don't appear to be resolving the problem.

Anyway, hope you are able to get your unit working and don't give up trying, but unfortunately, I'm not able to help you much with this from the U.S. office.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
    ASUS doesn't offer refunds or replacements ever, that's why support keeps telling me when I ask.

I've had 5 RMAs and last time they gave me back a laptop that won't boot and probably has a broken mobo...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Yeah, well as far as I know hes correct, they won't do that; since it would actually fix the Please use appropriate language. Thank you. problem.
    Last edited by Praz; 03-15-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Mirage, if you didn't see it, I sent you a PM to get your serial number and other info, so just reply to me if you want me to look into it more.

ROG Enthusiast Array

When you pay nearly 2000$ for a laptop and then have the same issue return again after it was supposively 'repaired' a total of 3 times, then you can say things aren't neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Hi Gorman,

fyi.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you are located in the U.S. and warranty policy can vary from country to country, etc., so if Mirage is located in the U.S., they may find the ASUS warranty policy can be slightly different.
    I'm not sure if the U.S. support line will say the same things, but it still may not hurt to start asking about other options when the current procedures don't appear to be resolving the problem.

Anyway, hope you are able to get your unit working and don't give up trying, but unfortunately, I'm not able to help you much with this from the U.S. office.

Thanks!
    Mine is covered under ASUS's "global warranty"
    Is there a US domestic warranty too?

Support that I have called just read from scripts so if you suggest other things they just say "I don't know about that" or "we can't do that". I'm not sure exactly where they delegated the thinking to, but I've not talked to any ASUS employees that do the thinking...

AntiMatter Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Thank You goodSir. Respect+
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 03-16-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Super Moderator Array

Mirage,

You may already have a good idea what is going on, but hope you don't mind if I continue this thread just to see if anybody else has better ideas that you may be interested in to confirm that your G73Sw notebook LAN really has gone bad before you send it back to us tomorrow.

I'm not much of a networking guy and hopefully Nodens doesn't mind, but Nodens sent me the suggestions below about checking the LAN (outside of Windows as well as the Windows Safe Mode (with networking) which I've never checked much into).

Quote Originally Posted by Nodens
    Simplest method to test is using a Linux live cd. Like Ubuntu which is very easy to use even if you have no Linux experience at all. Booting the CD, you should have network right out of the box if it is ok.

I would not bother with safe mode with networking cause things may be broken in the installation that would also carry over to the safe mode process (TCP/IP stack will get loaded as is..Anything hooked at the LSP chain level will still load).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast