cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7970 Matrix out of stock. Availability?

jfazz96
Level 7
AMD recently announced that they will be sticking with the 7900 series for a while. I cannot find any 7970 matrix (or matrices...?) in stock. It's just not practical too wait for aftermarket 8790's when I could buy a freakin sweet 7970 matrix (if I can find one)
I'm looking for anyone who can help me out. I will purchase someone's used one if they are willing to part with it 🙂 all and any help is appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome to the ROG Forum!

I recently (this morning) saw couple more available on the Overclockers UK... - there are really few if any available as they were a limited series product...

Good luck!

Zka17 wrote:
Welcome to the ROG Forum!

I recently (this morning) saw couple more available on the Overclockers UK... - there are really few if any available as they were a limited series product...

Good luck!

Really, since when? I thought the Matrix and Matrix Platinum were cards that weren't limited by numbers...I never saw anything that said they were limited edition cards, except of course the ARES II's

Zka17
Level 16
When I thought that one of my Matrix Platinums is broken, I was searching for replacement... could not find anywhere, so contacted Asus USA... - they told me that the Matrix and Matrix Platinums were a limited edition product and most of them was/is sold already...

Of course, there is a possibility that I misunderstood something, but the thing is that since then I could not find a Matrix Platinum anywhere in US... - fortunately, turned out that my cards are just fine, my RIVE was dying on me...

I live in the US so would shipping be insane? as for the price, £560 is roughly $850!!!! at that price i should just buy a 7990!

Zka17
Level 16
I don't know details about shipping or price... just accidentally bumped on that site and was amazed that they still have those cards on stock... - maybe it's because of the price... 🙂

ya I cant do that price... 😞 wayyyy too much. BUT I greatly appreciate the help! do you have any other cards in mind?

Zka17
Level 16
Not really... you may consider some MSI Lightnings... - but those are pretty hard to find too (maybe on ebay)

I would love to get a lightning! ESPECIALLY the BE! but they are also very scarce. There are some on oc.co.uk but once again price is too high

skywalker311
Level 8
if you bought two of these cards and with shipping it run you $1500. NCIX has asus 7970 DC2 for $426 with free shipping. It not a martix card but it is asus 7970. $850 and you got a great cross fire setup. (get those free games) It's on amd site it says if you buy two or more high end cards you get 6 free games ( crysis, bio shock, tomb raider, hitman, sleeping dog and far cry).
Phanteks enthoo primo, i7-4770k, ASUS MVIF, 16GB G.Skill Trident X Ram, ASUS 780 Ti DC2O, Samsung 120GB and crucial M500 480gb SSD, 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive, NZXT 850W power supply
EK Supremacy, EK ASUS MVIF Water Block, EK Monarch Series X4 Ram, EK ASUS 780 Ti DCII, EK 420 Cool Stream Rad, XPSC 240mm RAD,Monsoon Series Two Dual Bay Reservoir, Swiftech MCP655-PWM-Water Pump, Monsoon Compression Fittings & Tubbing, Mayhems Pastel Red with Mayhems ultra pure h20.