cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just voided my Warranty on my Asus G55vw

Vicodin
Level 10
BUT... I now have a 240gb mSATA Mushkin Atlas DX SSD! Not to mention, my 15 min 1920x1080 Furmark temps of 82c are now 72c. Worth it?
22 REPLIES 22

pathfindercod
Level 8
The warranty doesn't seem to matter anyway. I don't know if I've heard of a successful warranty process anyway

Yeah that's why I didn't care. I would pay/fix myself before doing an RMA with Asus.

nirO
Level 7
how did u lowered the temps i would like to know 😛

nirO wrote:
how did u lowered the temps i would like to know 😛

Because he had to pretty much completely tear down his PC to install the mSATA drive so he repasted the CPU and GPU while he had it open, its very common with any PC that if you repaste the thermal material you'll get significant temp drops because of better thermal conductivity vs the original thermal paste.
G55VW-DS71 - i7 3610QM - 16gb DDR3 1600mhz - 128gb SSD - GTX 660M 2gb

nirO
Level 7
figures... i really have to look for someone who can do it to my g75 :-s

chrsplmr
Level 18
Vicodin wrote:
BUT... I now have a 240gb mSATA Mushkin Atlas DX SSD! Not to mention, my 15 min 1920x1080 Furmark temps of 82c are now 72c. Worth it?

I'd say so. Cudos on the 'new' machine. I'll bet it rips it up now.
You know there are many, many, many that actually Never need repair, they just run, run, run ...
and Now yours is faster And cooler. Congrats.c.

chrsplmr wrote:
I'd say so. Cudos on the 'new' machine. I'll bet it rips it up now.
You know there are many, many, many that actually Never need repair, they just run, run, run ...
and Now yours is faster And cooler. Congrats.c.

Hey thank you!

Dr4g0n36
Level 10
can you post the speed with disk mark? i'm courios... i won't change my dual SSD raid 0 ( Samsung 840 pro 1,04GBps 😛 ) but i'd like to know how fast is this solution.

Dr4g0n36 wrote:
can you post the speed with disk mark? i'm courios... i won't change my dual SSD raid 0 ( Samsung 840 pro 1,04GBps 😛 ) but i'd like to know how fast is this solution.

Nice setup! When I get some more money, I plan on purchasing the matching 240gb Mushkin SSD so I can run in raid as well! 🙂