Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Heh no problem. Sometimes the issue is not so obvious and not really related to the UEFI installation process
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

New ROGer Array

I am still confused about what CSM is doing so let me present the following situations to understand.

Case 1
    Assume CSM is disabled so you are booting into UEFI.

Loading Windows OS Process
    When the UEFI manager is loading the Windows OS, does UEFI only use drivers found in the ESP partition to load the Windows OS?
    Are option ROM (OpROM) on express cards used when loading the Windows OS?
    Do the the ESP partition drivers use OpROM on express cards?
    In other words, what is the relationship between ESP partition drivers and OpROM on express cards?
    Are the ESP partition drivers only used to get Windows OS loaded so when Windows OS is running the ESP drivers are no longer used?

After Windows OS is Running
    Are the ESP partition drivers still used?
    Are Windows OS drivers (C:\Windows\System32\drivers) the only drivers being used?
    Are OpROM being used? By who?

Case 2
    Assume the CSM is Enabled

If it boots into UEFI, what does CSM provide if anything to the UEFI manager?
    Is the function of the CSM to provide drivers to an old fashion BIOS boot (non-UEFI boot)?

Question 1
    Boot \ CSM \ Boot from Storage Devices
    What is the difference between
    "Both, UEFI first" and "UEFI driver first"

Thanks in advance.

New ROGer Array

OK,Thank you, am sorry for all. am noob for IT and every day i search for Detail,
    and starting to configuration myself,there hard for me. because my skill of Eng- and IT very Low. next am going to geting
    for "CSM/UEFI/Disk lock" technical Detail windows 8 installation and other impotent for them.
    And next time comeback again.

( About my old Hardware)
    :: ASUS::M3N78 AMD2/AM2+ Quad-Core/ Phenom™ II CPUs Support.
    :: CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.5 GHz
    :: NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Chipset/ HDMI/Full HD Support
    :: HyperTransport 3.0 and PCIe 2.0 Ready
    :: 2GB x2 For KLEE88F-B8MN6 DDR2-1066 MHz. Kingmax Semiconductor.
    :: 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12
    :: HHD Enclosure USB3.0 To Seial ATA HHD case. Samsung 500GB 2.5 inbox.
    :: GPU 1024 MBytes. NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024 G96 C1

- Need ROG Support for Windows8 x64 UEFI boot.
    - AM2 AM2+ GPUs DDR2 DDR3

Thank so much !!! -- For Every Serves,Technical,Detail For support to me. thank man....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi guys, I am a bit lost on this UEFI thing. I got a Rampage IV Black edition and a Sabertooth 990FX. For my question I think it applies the same since they got the same options concerning CSM and Secure Boot. My situation is the following, as far as my knowledge goes, in order to install win7 in NON UEFI MODE, I selected the option "Other OS" in Secure Boot and installed Windows 7 from a DVD drive booting with the devices that didnt showed the UEFI thing. It was installed with MBR on the SSD and all good. Yesterday, I was playing around a bit with the sabertooth BIOS, and in a certain point I loaded the optimized settings and configured the BIOS again, however, I left, without noticing, the Secure boot in Windows UEFI mode. The thing is that Windows booted and worked fine, it does in both modes. Does this make any sense? Isnt supposed to be the Windows UEFI mode for when windows was installed executing the media in UEFI mode? I would appreciatte your help, this sabertoorh computer I put otgether I need it ASAP to do some work, and I am peding on knowing this to see if I can use the computer expecting it to be 100% stable, thank you all.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am installing this on an X99 Ramapge black with 2 SSD 840 512GB will I not get Trim support with raid with the main bios?

What driver do I have tlo load when I download the Intel RST its just an executable.

I turned off CSM and SEcure boot and it seems to be allowing me to install. My concern though is, I need to connect mmy old Raid 0 drives. How do I do this and not lose the info on them to back up?
    Last edited by dpoverlord; 02-03-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Super Moderator - Coderat Array Nodens PC Specs
    Nodens PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS GL702VW-GC004T
    MotherboardRampage V Extreme Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel 3930K C2
    Memory (part number)CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
    MonitorASUS VG278H
    Storage #13x OCZ Vertex 3 240 (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    Storage #23x WD2003FYYS (RAID5 - LSI 9361-8i)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i + 4x Noctua NF-P12
    CaseCoolermaster HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-1250
    Keyboard Razer Anansi
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterLinksys E4200v2 (running TomatoUSB/Toastman firmware)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlsson View Post
    Hi guys, I am a bit lost on this UEFI thing. I got a Rampage IV Black edition and a Sabertooth 990FX. For my question I think it applies the same since they got the same options concerning CSM and Secure Boot. My situation is the following, as far as my knowledge goes, in order to install win7 in NON UEFI MODE, I selected the option "Other OS" in Secure Boot and installed Windows 7 from a DVD drive booting with the devices that didnt showed the UEFI thing. It was installed with MBR on the SSD and all good. Yesterday, I was playing around a bit with the sabertooth BIOS, and in a certain point I loaded the optimized settings and configured the BIOS again, however, I left, without noticing, the Secure boot in Windows UEFI mode. The thing is that Windows booted and worked fine, it does in both modes. Does this make any sense? Isnt supposed to be the Windows UEFI mode for when windows was installed executing the media in UEFI mode? I would appreciatte your help, this sabertoorh computer I put otgether I need it ASAP to do some work, and I am peding on knowing this to see if I can use the computer expecting it to be 100% stable, thank you all.
    The Secure Boot option is just that, the secure boot option. Turning it on does not switch you to UEFI mode installation. It just enables Secure Boot. If you read the guide you'll see that I suggest keeping it off regardless on if you installed in UEFI mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dpoverlord View Post
    I am installing this on an X99 Ramapge black with 2 SSD 840 512GB will I not get Trim support with raid with the main bios?

What driver do I have tlo load when I download the Intel RST its just an executable.

I turned off CSM and SEcure boot and it seems to be allowing me to install. My concern though is, I need to connect mmy old Raid 0 drives. How do I do this and not lose the info on them to back up?
    The information about TRIM is only about the RAMPAGE X79 boards and only relative to the time I wrote this guide. At that time you either needed a UEFI installation or my patched OROMs to get TRIM under RAID on those X79 boards. Afterwards you could do it without my patch as well.

As far as your RAID 0 member drives nothing is different. Just keep them connected, and set the mode to RAID in the UEFI. If you're talking about RAID0 system drive, then you obviously will have to reinstall Windows on it to change to UEFI mode.
    RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

New ROGer Array

Hello friends, how are you?

I found this article because I'm trying to do the same RAID 1 + UEFI installation for my two 3TB disks. My mobo is M5A99X EVO R2.0, but after changing the RAID driver to UEFI at BIOS, I'm unable to find the RAID configuration at Advanced options or after the Tool option.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Was wondering if you have CSM enabled and also have the efi driver in your bios on top of the standard oprom driver does the bios default to loading the more modern efi driver and unload the old fashioned oprom driver? I mean if you have the intel raid option rom and the Satadriver.ffs in bios which one gets loaded?

Thanks.

ROG Member Array littlespy PC Specs
    littlespy PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage IV Black Edition
    Processori7 4930k, 6 Cores, OC @ 4,5Ghz (1.275V)
    Memory (part number)32GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ @ 2400Mhz, CL10, Quad Channel, 4x8GB
    Graphics Card #1GTX Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080 Ti in SLI, Core @ 1721Mhz, Mem @ 11232 Mhz with 11GB
    Graphics Card #2GTX Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080 Ti in SLI, Core @ 1721Mhz, Mem @ 11232 Mhz with 11GB
    Sound CardSupremeFX
    MonitorAcer XB270HU, IPS, 1440p, G-Sync, 144hz
    Storage #1256 MB SSD Kingston HyperX for the OS
    Storage #2960GB SDD Crucial MX330
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H115i
    CaseNZXT H630 Black Silent
    Power SupplyCORSAIR RM1000x - 1000W
    Keyboard Razer Black Widow Chroma RGB V2
    Mouse Logitech G300
    Headset Beyerdynamic MMX-300
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623 2.1 THX
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

Hi all,

Issue: Acer XB270HU black screen after windows logo for about 20-30 seconds on ASUS ROG RAIDR Express in UEFI

On a fresh and fully up to date OS (Win 7) with 2x GTX 980 Ti I have an issue where the screen goes black (No Signal) just after the Windows logo. Im using RAIDR Express on UEFI + Rampage IV Black Edition, have secured boot disabled. Im connected with DispayPort 1.1 (not sure if that matters). This issue did not occur after getting to Windows just after the reinstallation of the OS (no drivers, no updates). It started to occur after the OS got fully up 2 date. Any ideas? As Im losing 30 seconds on boot-up with UEFI so it feels like IDE....

ROG Enthusiast Array geniusdevil PC Specs
    geniusdevil PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G30AB
    MotherboardASUSTeK G30AB Z87 Chipset
    ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 4 Core(s)
    Memory (part number)16GB DIMM DDR3 1600 MHz clocked @ 1605 MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX 960 OCDC2 2GB
    MonitorHP w2558C Vivid Color Widescreen LCD Monitor 25.5"
    Storage #1Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB on AHCI
    Storage #2Toshiba SATA HDD 3TB on AHCI
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseASUS G30AB
    Power Supply700W
    Keyboard SteelSeries 6G V2
    Mouse Logitech G500s Gaming Mouse
    Headset SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries
    Headset/Speakers SteelSeries
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAirport Extreme

I wanna jump off my building...

My Lordy Lord Norden, how do you even get the strength to read all these confusing, poorly-written inquiries? I went through 3-4 pages, and already feel like jumping off my building.*

Listen you computer-noobs, y'all can watch YouTube, PHub and God knows what... but, can't make an effort to use the machine to learn a language? English isn't my first language either, and therefore, I used this superbly intelligent machine to learn five languages!!!*

And, then how proudly they start, or finish their message by saying: "sorry my eng bad". Shame on you! I am going to jump off this building to pay for your sins. Just like Jesus did.**
    Code:

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29