cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX31A Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235

kerogun
Level 7
I'm using an Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A (Bios Version/Date: UX31A.214, 28/08/2012), Windows 8 64 bit, with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 wireless adapter, Driver: 15.5.0.43.

I'm trying to connect to an open network with no encryption, browser log in. I can see the network via the Charms Panel | Network , but when I attempt to connect it fails. When viewed through the Network & Sharing Centre, the network rapidly appears and disappears from the active networks section. I can access the network using my iPhone, and about 30 other laptops are using the network daily without incident.

So far I've:
- Purged the DNS Resolver Cache
- Changed the Power Management settings so that the computer can no longer turn off the device to save power
- Deleted the profile (netsh WLAN delete profile ""), rebooted
- Disabled the adapter, rebooted, enabled
- Stopped & restarted the WLAN Autoconfig service
- Disabled the Bluetooth and Wired network adapter
- Run the Intel Manual Diagnostics Tool, which shows the process fails at the Association Test
- Checked the Wireless Event Viewer which (in the space of 15 seconds upon trying to connect) shows: Start Wireless Connection, Link Up to Wireless Profile, Connected Wireless Profile, Authenticating Wireless Profile, Link Down Wireless Profile

I've found what appears to be the same problem refereneced in this forum:
http://turbanned14.getayak.com/browser.php?indx=8433742&item=24
Which implies it's an issue with the wireless adapter itself.

I've bypassed the internal wireless adapter by plugging in an external USB wireless adapter and I was able to connect to the network without any issue or error.

So, at this point I wanted to document the problem on an Asus forum and figure out the next step... which I guess is taking my shiny new ultrabook back to the place of purchase when I'm back in the country.

Anyone have any thoughts? or suggestions as to something else to try that I've missed? before I take it back under warranty?
2 REPLIES 2

Pitcher1
Level 9
so, you mean just intel wlan that bundle in NB are not able to use at your wifi environment, when you plug usb wlan device in NB, it also can be using, right, if you clean reinstall driver, also unluck, i suggest you send back to RMA to check it out.

SpasTaz0917
Level 7
you might have forced the Wifi Card to the 2.4Ghz band or the 5.2Ghz band.

I had the association thing fail at me recently, but remebered that I forced mine to use the 5Ghz band. when trying to connect to 2.4Ghz.

go into: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

click on properties, then go into configure
advanced tab
then click on Prefered Band. set it to 1. No Preference.

I don't remember if the intel Pro Tool set has the same configurator.

hope this helps, if it is the problem
rig: Impact VII / 4790K / Crucial Ballistix SP 16GB 1600Mhz/ 256GB 850 Pro
Corsair AX760 / H105 AIO Watercooling / Bitfenix Prodigy
laptop: G75VW 3630QM / 670m /16GB RAM / 256GB 840 Pro + 750gb/ BD drive
Gaming OC for 670m 750/1750