cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDD/BIOS help

potatological
Level 7
My bios isn't listing my hard drive as a bootable device. I have no idea what's wrong! When i start my computer up i get this message:

The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device.
Click OK to enter the BIOS Setup.
then in yellow text:
Go to Advanced>Boot>CSM Parameters and adjust the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings to enable the boot device.

But not only do i have no idea how the hell to set those parameters, i'm completely unfamiliar with this Asus chipset motherboard and it's drivin me nuts!

Please anyone help me out? Took my computer to geeksquad and they told me i need to order a factory restore disk from Asus and i can't even call till monday to inquire about it! It's been a week of me trying to figure this out!

Thank you in advance for any help!

My computer model: Asus CM1745

Upgrades i have made:
520 WATT Dynex PSU model: DX-520wps
HD Radeon 6870 GPU
tried taking out the CMOS battery in the motherboard to reset to factory settings, it prompted me with a screen that listed my HDD information my 1TB HDD and Press F1 to start setup and i pressed F1 but then it just went to the same error screen:
The current BIOS setting do not fully support the boot device.
Click OK to enter the BIOS Setup.
then in yellow text:
Go to Advanced>Boot>CSM Parameters and adjust the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings to enable the boot device.
25 REPLIES 25

nikosa43
Level 12
Hey there and welcome to ASUS ROG.
When you power ON your computer, hit the DEL key to enter BIOS and then go to BOOT TAB and change the settings as in the images.

potatological
Level 7
Done, still gives me the same error?

potatological
Level 7
what i noticed is i don't have that little option at the bottom Boot Priorities Boot Option #1, that doesn't show up for me.

Chino
Level 15
That's because you have a different motherboard and thus the BIOS is different. See if you can ID the motherboard for me and which BIOS it's using.

Also, did your system come with W7 or W8?

My BIOS has the same exact interface as yours! Looks the same and everything

potatological
Level 7
well i USED to have that option..i don't know what happened to it...
Well my computer is an Asus CM1745...i don't know the motherboard for that computer unfortunately 😕
My computer came with windows 8

Chino
Level 15
See if a BIOS update will fix your problem then. Go to the Asus website for your desktop and download the latest BIOS. Unzip it to a pendrive and flash your BIOS via the EZ Flash Utility in the BIOS. When the flash is completed, proceed to turning off your computer and clear your CMOS by removing the battery for 5 minutes. Upon next restart enter the BIOS and load the optimized defaults. Save and restart.

mjguido
Level 7
Tenia el mismo problema, actualice el BIOS y seguía el problema aun con las configuraciones sugeridas, me llamo la atención que una memoria USB era reconocida sin problema y el disco Barracuda Seagate no, por lo que decidí probar con otros discos (Toshiba) y resulta que el disco lo reconoció sin ningún problema. Al parecer o es un problema de la Tarjeta Madre ASUS H61M-A con mi disco Seagate ya que tengo otra ASUS con un Seagate de 2tb y no tiene problema alguno. Versión del BIOS 0403 del 21/02/2013

Tenia el mismo problema, actualice el BIOS y seguía el problema aun con las configuraciones sugeridas, me llamo la atención que una memoria USB era reconocida sin problema y el disco Barracuda Seagate no, por lo que decidí probar con otros discos (Toshiba) y resulta que el disco lo reconoció sin ningún problema. Al parecer o es un problema de la Tarjeta Madre ASUS H61M-A con mi disco Seagate ya que tengo otra ASUS con un Seagate de 2tb y no tiene problema alguno. Versión del BIOS 0403 del 21/02/2013