cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VX New Windows 8 installation ERROR. Please Help!!! Product KEY dis matching

Alish
Level 7
Hi, guys! I have a laptop Asus G75vx. It includes 1tb of HDD with Windows 8 OEM.
Recently i bought new SSD, and decided to install retail version of Windows 8 pro on it to increase OS performance.

When installation starts, it gives me an error: The product key entered does not match any of the Windows images available for installation. Enter a different product key

I did research about this issue, and still coudnt find a solution to resolve this problem.

I also created USB boot Windows 8 pro with PID.txt file with including OEM product key.

Nothing helps to avoid this error.

Any ideas??????
13 REPLIES 13

ZeroBarrier
Level 10
I'm starting to lose my faith in humanity, seriously.

You need a PRO key to install PRO, your G75VX was just the basic Windows 8 non-pro.

ZeroBarrier wrote:
I'm starting to lose my faith in humanity, seriously.*

You need a PRO key to install PRO, your G75VX was just the basic Windows 8 non-pro.

Kinda ignorant thing to say, don't you think?

*....so am I

I think what Alish is saying is the factory OEM key string is being used automatically, the one that is used with the preinstalled Windows 8 on the G's when he tries to install his retail Windows 8 Pro, because that would imply he has a retail Windows 8 Pro key.

He's not using the key that came with his laptop, he can't even put his new key in... that's the problem.

That's what I gathered anyway.

There is an option in the bios to disable this but I don't really remember it since I'm running on an unlocked one and removed it. What I can tell you is it's trying to insert the key that is embedded in the bios for automatic OEM activation. Obviously it won't work with a different version of Windows 8 so that's why you get that error.

Someone else will have to assist you further, that's all I got.

Cheers.

Dreamonic wrote:
Kinda ignorant thing to say, don't you think?

Not at all. Look around, we're in an enthusiast level hardware forum reading/answering the very basic of questions daily. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for helping out; it's just a little annoying seeing such basic problems posted on an enthusiast forum.

Dreamonic wrote:
I think what Alish is saying is the factory OEM key string is being used automatically, the one that is used with the preinstalled Windows 8 on the G's when he tries to install his retail Windows 8 Pro, because that would imply he has a retail Windows 8 Pro key.

He's not using the key that came with his laptop, he can't even put his new key in... that's the problem.

That's what I gathered anyway.

He clearly states he included his OEM key in the PID.txt file when he created a bootable Win 8 USB key. Now this tell me one of two things, he figured his OEM key would work on a PRO install, or he just didn't realize they use totally different keys.

Obtaining an iso of Windows off the web is legal and fairly trivial. So who's to say he bought the PRO license? He could have just downloaded an iso without ever having thought that he needed to buy the proper license (key) to get it to install/activate.

ZeroBarrier wrote:
Not at all. Look around, we're in an enthusiast level hardware forum reading/answering the very basic of questions daily. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for helping out; it's just a little annoying seeing such basic problems posted on an enthusiast forum.

For better or worse remedial support issues have really driven traffic to this site. Some of those that come for the help stay for the enthusiast chat. So whether or not the current mix of users and topics is what anyone might hope for, it is inextricably linked with the success of the forum.

People will keep coming and asking questions so the only choice is how we will manage that. If you have feedback on how to make it easier for enthusiasts and help-seekers to keep their topics separate yet easier to use then please feel free to provide some feedback in the feedback forum.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I actually used both keys, and they were not accepted. So what I did, I download different Windows ISO, then pasted PID.txt with factory OEM product key. And successfully installed clean windows 8 on my SSD. Now Iam finnaly happy!

Anyway thank you guys! I hope this thread will other uses with same issue

But problem is that this is not Windows 8 pro. I think it just windows 8.

Anyway booting time 9 seconds. Iam very happy. Works faster!!! And very responsive!!!

Vicodin
Level 10
I am going to send someone your way to help you with this. He can help you change the key that is embedded, to the new one you have with the Windows 8 pro. For some reason Asus felt the need to embed the Windows 8 Product Key into the bios or somewhere. Making it hell for someone who wan'ts to change Windows version.

Pitcher1
Level 9
are you using ghost from original HDD to new HDD, or just install win 8 OS to new HDD than key the product key?

bignazpwns
Level 11
Instal windows 8 home prem oem. upgrade to windows 8 pro. Problem solved.

bignazpwns wrote:
Instal windows 8 home prem oem. upgrade to windows 8 pro. Problem solved.

Or that works too. LOL I think he bought Windows 8 pro disk from a store, but you are right. I am sure he can use the product key off of it for the upgrade as well. All though the upgrade probably would of been cheaper...