cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Haswell

brianwhite
Level 7
Hey guys I am starting a new project except this one is actually going to be for my personal daily use computer. Some of you might have seen the last mod I did which made the cover of CPU magazine for the April 2013 edition “Project Green Machine”

Some of you from ASUS know me from PAX and CES and such since I'm always at those events when I can make it.

I still don't know what motherboard I will be using until the Z87 motherboards are released and I am hoping ASUS will come out with something worthy of the amount of money I am dropping in this mod.

This will be a completely customized Cosmos II that will not resemble the original Cosmos except for some slight resemblance)

Sponsors for this build are:
Cooler Master
MNPCTECH

List of parts to be used:
Cosmos II
3 EVGA GTX Titans(hydrocopper) in triple SLI
Motherboard: to be determined but it will be a Haswell chipset motherboard
CPU: Haswell (to be determined upon release)
Swiftech GPU waterblocks
CPU waterblock: Swiftech
PUMPS: 2 Swiftech pumps
Reservoirs: to be determined
Rads: 1 480, 1 360 & 1 240 (to be determined)
Fans: Cooler Master Excaliburs
PSU: to be determined
Sleeving: MDPC
Coolant: Alphacool pure water and Mayhems to be determined
SSD's: 6 SSD's in RAID 0 possibly Plextors or Samsung Pro series

Mnpctech Pre-Ordering page for Cooler Master Cosmos II Clear Window Panel

Basically I am completely stripping down this case, removing the midplate and fabricating my own based on the motherboard when it is released. Also the entire front I/O shield will be deleted and a 480 rad will be mounted there after I delete the entire 5.25" bays and the HDD bays. I will be using a custom overkill grill from MNPCTECH on the intake. I will be mounting a 480 rad up top and also using an MNPCTECH overkill grill there after I fabricate the flush mounting solution around the current top panel.

Also I am almost sure that I will be housing both pumps down below in the PSU section of the case. The top handles will be deleted from the case as well as the roll bar type feet currently on the case. The side panel will be a solid custom acrylic side panel that will be mounted directly to the factory oem door hinge so you will be able to see every inch of the inside of this case mod.

Here are some basic pictures of what I have deleted so far out of the case. (Definitely getting rid of the Octopus front I/O shield, just has way too many wires for my taste and I will be installing a custom fan controller)

13 REPLIES 13

MonsterMawd
Level 12
This is gonna be awesome! Looking forward to watching everything unfold Brian!

MonsterMawd wrote:
This is gonna be awesome! Looking forward to watching everything unfold Brian!

Thank you Bill. I'm getting excited now that I got these two graphic cards in the mail today.

Well as some of you know I got in 2 of the GTX Titans today. I have to say these are the nicest looking and feeling air cooled cards I have ever owned. Swiftech blocks will be coming hopefully within less than a week as well as backplates. Here are some pictures
Have around 7 weeks to wait till 480 overkill grills so I can fab out the entire front bezel of the cosmos II as well as the top extension.

Theyre gorgeous... I wish evga made more!.... Maybe they will?

Giannis996
Level 9
yea indeed im also looking forward this build man!! i know it will be awesome!
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

This system is going to be awesome! 🙂 I am looking forward to seeing the benchmarks...especially with those two Titans in there! The design is really nice, as is the case.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Dinnr
Level 7
That build looks sick, can't wait for more pictures!

MonsterMawd
Level 12
btw, sent you that Quote :cool:

Jago-Vs-Fulgore
Level 7
Very Nice!

Skull6
Level 10
P.S. What button are you pushing to "delete" the I/O shield & drive bays? 😉
"If it moves, salute it. If it doesn't move, pick it up. & if you can't pick it up...paint it RED & BLACK !!"
G75VW-BBK5 {stock}

............ Macrium Reflect ..................Full G55VW/G75VW model list!